CHAPTER 9✓

Anonymous

"So far so good, Alpha. " I bowed, my head feeling heavy and full. My bones felt sore and heavy too. I swallowed hoping I don't pass out. I brushed my bright pink hair out of my face and tried not to gag from the heavy scent of smoke in the air.

"Good," He said, his rusty old voice chuckled. "I trust that the plan is going accordingly?"

"Yes, Alpha, almost too easily. "I said, scratching my arm nervously." The boy, Alpha... He's, odd and broken. " I swallowed dryly." I didn't even have to try too hard, "I confessed.

"But you've started planting the thoughts, right?"

"Yes, Alpha, but they were already there, hearing them just made them more real to him, I suppose. "I told him and he turned in his chair.

"Self doubt can be a powerful, thing." He chuckled evilly and my skin crawled. I didn't say anything after, feeling a bit anxious. "You...stink of anxiety, leave me."  He waved his boney hand. I hesitated for a moment.

"Alpha, if I may, "I swallowed and he growled." You said, before that you wo-"

"I don't believe that our business is done," He growled," I know exactly what you want to ask, and before you ask again, remember that you still have so much to do for me, before you can even ask about him. "I felt my eyes sting as I nodded slowly and turned away.

I walked out of his office ans took a deep breath. Meghan caught sight of me and I offered her a smile. She rushed over to me and held me up, I sniffed and offered her a smile.

Her beautiful blue eyes sparkled with concern.

"Let's get you to bed, shall we? "I nodded thankfully as she hoisted me up bridal style. I sighed happily as I relaxed. I looked up to her and couldn't help be grateful yet sad. Someone as sweet and caring as her, should not belong to such a power hungry and evil pack such as this one. I was so lucky to have her as a friend.

--------------

Xavier

I could tell something was happening today as Kathryn, of all people was rushing around, worried about how she looked.

"My hair! Danielle! What am I going to do with my hair! "

"Oh, would you calm down?" Danielle huffed, "You act as though you're going to see the love of your life." Kathryn was glaring from where I could see. Danielle only smirked at her. "Last I checked, she has a boyfriend, who happens to be our brother." 

Kathryn sighed and growled.

"I know, alright, I just want to look nice, jeez." Danielle giggled then.

"Eavesdropping is rude, Xavier." my eyes widened before I bolted down the stairs out into the front yard.

"Still not fitting in, aren't you? "I clenched my jaw and looked away from myself." It's okay, I don't either. "I groaned in annoyance.

"Nobody but I can even see you, what did you expect?" I said with a low hiss as members looked my way, I stepped down the porch and jogged towards the woods again. I huffed then and came to a halt.

"Somebody is far away from home. "I looked up to see Theodore smirking my way, his white hair blowing in the wind. His bright gray eyes sparkling. I couldn't help think how I didn't have home, how that place wasn't my home

"I should say the same to you." I panted, catching my breath. He hummed.

"On the contrary, I'm always home when I'm around nature itself, you know. "I rolled my eyes.