CHAPTER 25✓

Xavier Alan

Everything was blank but I had a massive headache. I blinked my eyes open with a groan,raising my hand up to my forehead. My mouth felt dry and rough.

"You're awake." A sweet voice whispered to me and I turned my head to see Christian beside him,yawning. "Man, I'm so glad to see you open your eyes." He smiled sadly at me and I raised my hand almost fascinated and ran it over his stubble which was prickly. I liked it.

Slowly is sat up and the memory flashed before me and I frowned.

Was he really gone? For good? Something inside me told me it wasn't death,not even, somehow I had the feeling it was rebirth. I blinked and forced myself not to think about it. Right now, I had to fix my mistakes, and mend what I could of the relationship with my family as best as I could.

"What happened?" I asked before I was handed a glass of water.

"Well,after your birthday you went to sleep and never woke up." I bit myself knowing I worried him. I gulped down the water as fast as I could, feeling refreshed.

"I'm sorry," I looked at his brown eyes which glinted with love. "You don't deserve what I've put you through." I forced out."I hope,someday,you can find it in your heart to forgive me." His eyes were wide with shock.

"I..." He trailed and I smiled a sad smile.

"I accept you,Christian, with all my heart, I'm ready to be the mate you deserve." He blinked,his brows furrowed.

"Just like that?"

"Just like that." I confirmed.

"What changed?" I twitched my nose then and looked down at the empty glass.

"I guess I got a taste of what its like in your shoes and...it wasn't fair of me." I admitted.

"Where did you go?" He asked calmly. "And how?"

"I made a wish." I sighed and explained to him how it took me to a life where I had no magic and I was an only child, how he had been straight and rejected me. I even told him how he had been crushing on Danielle to which he nearly threw up. Then about Elijah and Donovan to which he smiled.

"Seems you've seen it all." He took my hand and he sat in silent. His hold was gentle. Soothing even and very hesitant."Are you sure though?" He seemed so insecure then and I felt myself wanting to cry." I don't want you to accept me just because you feel as though you have to." He looked up at me sadly.

"I've always wanted to accept you." I tightened my grip," I just didn't trust myself to do it right." I swallowed.

"Well..." He smiled, "we can take it one step at a time."

"Together." Suddenly I remembered something. "Wait, shouldn't you be in the army by now?" I asked my heart hammering in fear of losing him when I just got him. He smiled at me.

"I should, but when you didn't come say goodbye I grew worried. I found you, you know." He admitted. "Luckily we have connections, so postponed." I nodded and he chuckled.

Then he stood slowly,staring into my eyes,he was leaning towards me and I closed the distance. He was going to slow for my liking.