CHAPTER 15✓

Narrator

Hanna tucked a stray hair behind her ear. Her once vibrant pink hair seemed duller, not so full of life and closer to falling out. She walked slowly beside Meghan, her insides churning as she gripped the bag filled with her clothing tightly, her other hand, tightly gripping the box of homemade cookies.

"Would you relax? "Meghan said softly, wrapping an arm around her awkwardly. Hanna felt her heart squeeze as she looked into the sweet and loving bright blue eyes of Meghan. She felt herself grow sick at the simple thought of what was really going to happen, how Meghan would never want to see her again. If she lived through it. "We are safe here," she lightly squeezed and Hanna could feel the love her embrace held. "The Alpha can't hurt you here."  Meghan offered another kind smile.

Hanna stared after her friend as she walked up the porch steps. How wrong you are, sweet, sweet Meghan. She thought with eyes shining and stinging with tears. She looked down at the box in her hands before taking a deep breath.

"I'm so sor-"she whispered.

"Hanna!" Her head snapped up at the call of her name. She plastered on a smile and took a deep breath, calming her heart and blinking away the tears.

"Coming. "

Danielle offered a stiff smile to Hanna as she entered. She looked down at the blue plastic box and grinned.

"Cookies!" She squealed happily and grabbed the container. She paid no mind to the anxious look in Hanna's eyes before she turned and held it up to her brothers and sisters.

"I thought it would be just us. "Hanna commented as she looked around at the large room filled with teenagers, boys and girls alike. Danielle grinned.

"The more the merrier." She said as she took a gigantic bit of the cookie.

Hanna was anxious, she had been watching with great anxiety as Danielle took a bit, she watched as the beautiful, long haired girl with hazel brown eyes chewed and swallowed before taking more. She couldn't help feel a sense of sadness. She glanced away and looked around as the cookies were being passed around and shared. It wasn't part of the plan but it seemed to work out fine as those intended for them had. She watched as Travis shoveled two into his system and Kathryn had half.

Hanna walked around then, looking for Xavier but trying not to be too obvious. She felt bad, yes, because they had been nice to her, given her a place she considered safe, even if it was only for a moment, but she needed to keep a clear head, she needed to remember that she was doing this to save someone, the only one who she continued to live for for a very long time.

"Isn't Xavier going to join? "Hanna questioned Meghan who shook her head.

"He's never been one for these sort of things." Hanna nodded with a mental curse before spoting the container, empty and her stomach dropped. She hoped and prayed things would go well, for her sake and her little brothers.

Danielle moaned as she ate the last bit of her chocolate chip cookies with a hint of coconut. She clapped then, grabbing everyone's attention.

"Ok, so, I've never had one of these, but I want to play Truth or Dare! "she yelled gleefully and there was a round of cheers, the guys high fiving while some girls whispered among themselves, glancing at a few guys and some glancing at other girls.

"Someone get an empty bottle." Danielle moved to sit and stumbled onto her ass, she blinked and giggle. "Wow, Hanna, what did you put in those cookies? Pure alcohol?" She giggled glancing at Hanna who only grinned.

Danielle shook her head a bit. Her vision was slightly blurred and as she looked at her hand, she froze then, her vision suddenly brighter. Suddenly, she wasn't in her own body.

Her hand, small and dirty was not her own. She felt dizzy then, and bile threatened to come from her. She looked up and saw no windows or open spaces. It was dark and only a small light bulb hung from the ceiling. Its light fizzled in and out and a whimper left her, only, she was certain it wasn't hers.

"Please! Let me out! "The voice unfamiliar to her yelled out weakly." Where's my sister, my sis-sister. "

"Danielle!" She blinked out of her weird vision like dream to find Kathryn staring at her with concern. Danielle smiled then.

"Hi! "she giggled before smacking her lips onto Kathryn who rolled her eyes before turning to Hanna.

"What ever you put in there is mighty strong." Danielle chuckled before her hand instinctively rose to her pendant, she fumbled with it, trying to figure out what she saw without being to obvious. She wasn't paying much attention as they played the game.

One game turned into two, then three. Danielle tried her hardest to be fine, to forget what she saw but she couldn't, nothing she ever saw was nothing and it always left an impression.

Soon, Danielle could hardly keep her eyes open. Midnight had struck, and she felt sleepy, but she wasn't the only one. All around, teens passed out, peaceful snores left them. Danielle tried to fight the sudden wave of sleep, but all attempts were futile. Her eyes, unfocused caught movement, someone had not been as exhausted as they were.

Hanna watched them all fall like domino's. Left and right, they fell like sacks of potatoes, unable to fight off the effects of her cookies.

She stood, fully aware that even if they wanted, in ten minutes they wouldn't be able to move, and by morning, they would have no life left in them. She swallowed, and bolted from the room, right for the front door. There was nobody and she stopped at the door and looked down, finally she let the tears all freely and she sniffed.

"Sorry. "She walked slowly down the porch steps and as soon as her bare foot stepped onto the grass, she raised her hand." Come, Beast. "She summoned in a whisper and black and pink smoke came from her hand, falling to the ground as though it were heavy sacks of bricks. Slowly, as it thickened, she dropped her hand, feeling weak and tired. Then the sound of hooves connecting with the ground echoed. The pitch black horse made a noise, shaking its hair out, it had a single dark pink strip in its main.

"Neigh!" It said, bending to nudge her. Hanna smiled fondly and ran her hand over its neck. Hanna closed her eyes then before speaking.

"They will never trust you, no matter how much closer you may seem to be getting to them..." her voice was hoarse and sore, she coughed and looked up at the large mansion, her eyes a pitch black, she didn't sound like herself, instead more like a man. "You will always be a threat to them, you will always be alone." she gasped then, the black fading into her grassy green colour. Then she held her palm put, a dark figure the size of a thumb appeared. It had Xavier's face, but scared and older, she crushed the figure and it turned to dust. She grabbed onto her horse.

"Neigh! "It let out, standing on two of its hind legs before turning around. Hanna held on, a stray tear came down her face and she ran her hand over her cheek, with a pink shimmer, her burn was revealed, the magic used to hide it, falling away. Now she needed to rest a bit, but first.

She came to a stop at the edge of the territory. She looked up and the once invisible shield, turned grey, cracks apeared in the dome. She looked down and held two fingers towards the trees, bursts of fire rolled over her fingers before balls of pure, whit hot fire balls flew to the trees.

Then there was growling.

A\N
19 December 2016
3 November 2021