10 ; "you mated nature's baby?"

PARK JIMIN

.

I've been living in the manor for about five years now and I still wasn't used to it.

Before I had even encountered Chaeyoung, I lived on my own and occasionally drove out to the manor whenever I could. Moving here was completely my choice. I wanted to stay away from human civilization as best as I was able. I couldn't stand seeing any woman, especially those that resembled her in any way.

It was too much.

Five years later, my reign is beginning to be questioned so was my well being. I haven't been in the best condition and I have no one but myself to blame. Others would like to argue otherwise. I haven't been included in a lot of the affairs going on nor have I been completely focused on my job as leader. To add to that, my skin was beginning to crackle and pale from lack of nutrients and my veins were bulging with black from loss of blood. When a demon goes through withdrawals, which is actually uncommon because choosing to abandon their human is rare, they experience dying symptoms. In conclusion, ends in death. So yes, I might as well willingly give up my position since I'm probably going to end up disappearing anyway.

My shaky and numb hands weakly ran through my now black hair as I stood up with trembling feet. The door to my office swung open and I was met with my brother who had walked out on me not even 24 hours ago. He smirked at me deviously making me obviously a bit uncomfortable and weary. I sighed gripping onto the desk beside me.

"What are you doing here, Jin hyung?" I asked exasperatedly. "Fucking go home."

"I will." He nodded entering casually. Without his fallen. "After I tell you some things."

I rolled my eyes walking towards the bookshelf where I was initially going in the first place. "I don't need to hear anything from you. Go home. Jisoo is probably looking for you."

"She can manage." He went over and sat down on a chair across from mine and I watched him kick back. "Don't you want to hear what your precious little human is doing since you rid her of any memory of you?"

I swallowed at the mention of her, my body tensing firmly. I blinked cautiously before shaking my head with a clenched jaw. "She can do whatever the hell she wants."

He offered me a sinister look as I walked back to my chair with a large hard cover book that had all of the papers I needed to sign. Papers I didn't expect to ever even look at.

"Oh?" He leaned forward and I stupidly dared to look at him only to be met with dark eyes. I narrowed my own at him not liking at all where this was headed. "Even if it has to do with her dating another demon? Another demon being our oh-so-infamous little brother, Kim Taehyung?"

When I thought all my strength had vanished from me, it came back with just that sentence alone. Jin was already cautious as I flipped the desk furiously in front of me, him speedily moving towards the other wall and out of his seat. My breathing was harsh and haggard, my chest heaving and my eyes pitch black. They were wide with anger and I didn't think I would ever again have the urge to kill. Let alone that being another demon and my own brother.