Chapter 14

Kyle's Pov

She forgave me. I couldn't believe this. When I heard her response I felt a smile forming in my lips.

What's wrong with me?

When I talked to her I felt so nervous and at the same time afraid. Afraid that I might not be able to talk to her. Afraid that she might not forgive me.

If I was afraid of that, I would not be able to handle the situation when she finds out about the bet.

What am I thinking? How am I continuing with this? I who knows better than anyone what betrayal feels like. I'm a monster, an asshole.

Every time I thought about that stupid bet, I get even more angry with myself. I can't believe how I'm still doing this. How the heck am I going to give up on something and give it to someone else?

"Because you gave your word." I heard my conscious whispering.

As I got ready to go pick her up, I felt my phone buzzing in my pocket. I looked at the ID and it was the last person that I wanted to talk to right now.

John.

"Hey." I answered.

"Kyle." he said but his voice was not the usual as it was. He sounded disappointed.

"Jo, what's wrong man?" I replied.

"You asked her to the party and she said yes, didn't she?" he said with low voice.

"Yes, she did but what's the problem? Was not that the plan and who told you anyway?" I blurt out irritated.

Jo, stop getting on my nerves! For God sakes! What's more that he wants?

"Yeah, you are right. Alex, by the way." he answered to my question.

Who else?! Of course Alex. Sometimes sis you have to keep your mouth shut...

"John, we talked about this. You will be with her after all that. I go out with her. I win the bet.
You arrange a date for me with Kate, then you play the silver knight to Angel and save the day." I said rolling my eyes through the phone.

I can't believe that I said this out loud. The truth is that I hate the feeling that I have with this plan.

At first it was different. I just wanted to win a bet, to prove something and eventually hook up with the most wanted girl in school.

After that, it was because of my sister.

Now.... I am not sure what it is.

I don't want to win this. I want to win her.

I don't know what I feel, but I do know the feeling is strong because of her.

"Yeah, I know. I guess everything that we planned will happen tonight, won't it?" he nearly whispered. I could imagine a smile forming in his lips.

How could he feel like that? Angel was going to get hurt and the only thing that he cared was himself. Selfish bastard. He was always like this.

"Yeah...ok. I have to go. See you there." I said disappointed and hung up. 

What a big mistake I'm about to do? There is no going back. I gave my promise to my best friend. Besides I would have a benefit from this shit, right?

I would win Kate. The most wanted girl and wasn't it what I wanted?

The truth was; I didn't know what I wanted anymore.

Do I want Angel?

"Yes" said the voice in my head.

I took my keys from the kitchen table and headed to my car.

As I drove to her house after twenty minutes, I thought how the whole thing was going to happen.

I will be with Angel all the time. Then John is going to come get her as a cue of me telling me that he talked to Kate. After probably Kate is going to come and hang out. I don't know if John is going to tell Angel or she is going to see me and Kate making out. Fucked up scenario.

I can't do this to her.

But I have to. God! I don't know!

As I parked at her drive way, I saw Angel coming out of the door. She got in and then it hit me.

Her perfect smell of roses.

She always smelt like that and especially at our first date but tonight her smell was enhanced with the sweet perfume even more.

I felt dizzy.

Not the sick dizziness but that dizziness that makes you feel to want even more.

That powerful dizziness.

"Hey, Rosie." I said teasingly.

"Rosie? Really now? I was expecting something more original from you, Stone." she said laughing and rolling her eyes at the same time.

I stared at her. God, she looked stunning.

"What are you staring at?" she asked smiling.

Ohh shit! I didn't realise that I was staring for that long.

"Are you going to drive?" She asked.

"Umm.. yeah.." I said at my loss of words.

I saw her beautiful smile forming as she rolled her eyes again and bit her lip. She did that a lot. I think it is a habit of hers that I love already.

What was I thinking? Kyle, get your shit together.

After, a ten minute drive I parked at the parking at the address that they sent me.

I got out of the car heading with Angel in the entrance of the house where the party was. That's when I did the most stupid thing I could ever do.

But the only thing I would never regret.

I took Angel's hand and hold it by interlacing our fingers before entering in. I felt her chuckling and I smiled back at her.

That smile in her face. I would do anything in order to keep it that way.

That's when it hit me.

I'm falling for this girl.

____________________________
Ok I know Guys! I said that I will update on Sunday but this chapter just popped in my head this morning. I had to update today. I promise to update soon again.

P.s this chapter is dedicated to my biggest fun and best friend, who always pushes me to write and never give up. Love you sweety, ALEXANRDAAPOSTOLIDOU❤️

Leave comments, vote.
Love you all
Kisses ❤️