46~ Julian & Marisa's Bet

En başından başla

"I wanted to call you on my phone but it was dead. My first thought was to get to you. I had to walk almost an hour to get here."

"God, I knew something was gonna go wrong when you left. I just knew something would happen!" Now he was pacing the room even faster with his fists clenched and his voice was still raised.

"Hey, calm down. It's not like any of this is my fault." I told him.

"Right, I'm sorry babe." He told me, walking to the other side of the bed to get closer to me. "I'm just frustrated is all. But the most important thing is that you're okay." He held onto both my cheeks and looked me in the eyes as he said this.

"We still need to call the police and figure out who he was." He said. "Perhaps we can even try to get the car back somehow."

He crawled back into bed with me, and looked back at me. From his facial expression, I could tell that he felt as if he let me down. As if he was supposed to know this would happen, and he put me in danger for not being there to protect me..
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~Julian~

"I brought you some pizza and ice cream!" I held the snacks up in my hand, excited, as Marisa opened the front door of her house after I rang the doorbell.

She looked at me, annoyed, her hair a mess and her face pale.

"What the Hell do you want?" She asked with a groggy voice.

"Your friends told me you skipped school today because you're having really bad morning sickness." I explained. "So I thought I'd cheer you up."

She looked down at the food in my hand, then back up at me as if she was contemplating to either let me in, or slam the door in my face.

After a few seconds, she quickly grabbed the pizza box and tub of ice cream. "Come in." She told me, as she turned to go back inside.

She shoved a slice of pizza in her mouth and sat on her couch, putting her feet up on the coffee table.

"I know you're vegan, but I didn't exactly know what else to bring you.." I told her. "I'm sorry."

"Forget about it." She said, her mouth still full. "It's so hard to be vegan while you're pregnant. Yesterday, I ate a whole thing of bacon. I hate myself."

She patted the space on the couch next to her, after she realized I was just standing there.

"I can barely fit into my favorite Pj's anymore." She said, pulling onto the top of her pants. "I'm not even four months yet and I'm already getting fat."

"I think you still look great." I told her, a cheesy smile covering my face. She looked over at me, her eyes squinted and her lips puckered, as if she was trying to scold me, while trying hard not to smile.

Suddenly the look faded and she looked down, her face going pale again.

"Are you alright?" I asked her, putting my hand up to her forehead as if to feel her temperature. She quickly batted it away and rushed to her bathroom. I followed.

When I entered the bathroom, she was leaned over the toilet and gagging. I sat on my knees behind her and pulled her hair back with my hands.

"Go away." She told me, not looking up. "I don't want you to see me like this, this is disgusting."

"Marisa, you say that every time, but you know I'm not leaving your side."

She quickly stands up and flushes the toilet. "Whatever, I feel much better now anyway." I look down at her stomach and a smile forms upon my lips. I gently lay my hands on her belly and she looks down at me as if she's completely in shock from my touch.

"I can't wait to meet her." I said, still feeling her stomach.

It takes Marisa a minute to snap back to earth, but once she realizes what I said she said, "Her? What makes you so sure it's a girl?"

"I don't know. I just have a feeling." I told her. I looked back up at her face. "What do you want it to be?"

"It doesn't really matter what I think. Technically it won't be our kid once it's born." She said with a sour face.

I looked down at the ground again in disappointment. I don't regret the decision to put the baby up for adoption. I know that Marisa and I aren't fit to become parents. Yet, it still bothers me that she doesn't care about this life inside her stomach that we created.

As if noticing that I was upset, Marisa put a hand on her stomach and said, "A boy. I kind of want it to be a boy."

I smiled and looked back at her. "Is that so?"

"Yup. In fact, I bet it is."

"Well, in that case." I said, tapping my chin. "How about this; If it's a girl, I get to take you out on a date to my favorite place."

Marisa hesitated as if deep in thought. "And what if I win?"

"Then you won't have the burden of going on a date with me."

She opened her mouth to speak, but quickly stopped herself before she could. But I could still tell that she was gonna say 'That wouldn't be a burden.'

"You've got yourself a bet." She said, putting her hand out for me to shake. Instead of shaking it, I put my fingers between hers and held it.

{TBC}

~A/N~

Hey guys, it's Laynee. I know I haven't made an update in over a month, and I'd like to take the time to give my explanation of absence.

I had to spend a while in a mental hospital. No need to panic, I'm fine and actually a bit better than I was before. The reason it's been so long for me to write a new chapter lately is because my depression has gotten a whole lot worse recently. The thoughts in my head would take over and I wouldn't be able to think clearly. All I really wanted to do was lay in bed and isolate myself from the rest of the world.

It had eventually gotten so bad that my self harm got worse, and the only time I ever really found happiness was when I was high.

But, after taking some time locked up in a mental hospital (which really wasn't great at all) I can finally say I'm a little better and I think I've learned how to appreciate life a bit more.

But of course, my depression isn't magically cured, that's not exactly how it works. Their's always gonna be those days in my life where I shut myself out from everyone and I don't do anything at all, so I sincerely do apologize if it takes me a while to update, but I can't exactly help this.

I hope you all understand. Thanks for sticking with me this far. I really do wish I could be a more consistent author for you guys.

I just thought you'd all like to know that I'm okay, and this book definitely WILL be continued for quite a while. ((:

Xoxo,
       Mama Dragon  <3