32

"All we know is still infinitely less than all that remains unknown."

---

(Meghan's POV.)

"You can't lie to me forever, David." I ran my fingers through my hair in frustration as his facial expression didn't budge. He continued to look out the front window of the car with the same straight line for a mouth and his eyebrows furrowed together the exact same way. His hands were gripped tightly to the steering wheel with the same force as he drove. 

I've been nagging him to tell me even a little bit of what's going on for 2 weeks now. He came home a few nights ago completely wasted and we ended up getting in a huge fight about how irresponsible I've been. The irony in that situation was ridiculous. 

As for Joey and I, we were okay right now. Sawyer walked in the morning after our little food fight and he didn't even try to protest. I think they might start to forgive each other which is always a relieving feeling. I wish I could do the same with Cat. I haven't seen her or Luke since the whole hospital ordeal.

We were best friends before this, and even though what she did was really shitty, and I'll probably never fully forgive her for it, I still missed her. She was always there for me and I just pushed her away without even taking her side of the story into consideration. It was a really selfish thing for me to do, but what's done is done I guess.

I think what really drove me off the edge was when she said that Luke was more important than Joey. After everything I told her about Joey and how I felt about him she had the nerve to say I should've visited Luke that day rather than Joey. I will never understand that. She knew what Luke did to me and she still took his side. 

All in all, these past 2 weeks have been somewhat productive. I managed to get 2 vlogs up on Lifeburry, vaguely letting everyone know that I had just "hit a bump in the road" and that that was the reason I wasn't uploading. Which was only half true, because I was still struggling to get over it as of right now. I've lost it almost everyday for a lot of different reasons, I just really wish it will all go away and things can be okay again. But with Joey's feelings out in the open now, it just adds more confusion to the mix. 

"David, seriously. This isn't funny anymore, it never was. Whatever is going on, it's going to start taking a toll on your health. You're drinking a lot and I'm really worried-"

"Oh and you think I'm not worried about you?" He snapped, finally looking over at me with glossy eyes. 

"This isn't about me! You're coming home drunk every night, and that one time with Whitney-"

"Whitney has nothing to do with this." He lowered his voice as many decibels as possible and turned away again. 

"David..." I trailed off, peering out the window at the buildings and people flashing by. I could tell we were almost home. This car was starting to feel extremely small and it felt like the temperature was rising for no apparent reason.

"I'm sorry." He huffed. I noticed his shoulders relaxing out of the corner of my eye. 

"I just really, really don't want this anymore." He ran his hand along the leather of the steering wheel before turning into our driveway. He turned the car off and rested his forehead in his hands, combing a hand through his tangled mop of hair a few times. The car fell quiet for a while as I tried to process what he meant.

"Don't want what anymore?" 

"This feeling." He didn't even try to hold in the tears as the words left his lips. I hadn't seen him cry in a really long time, it hurt me so much to see him in that kind of pain. I went to put a hand on his shoulder but I stopped myself with my arm in mid air. I didn't want him to shrug my hand, and this whole conversation off just yet.