Chapter 1- Saying Goodbyes

Courtney pov.

BEEP!

BEEP!!

BEEP!!!

I stretched my arm out, slamming my fist on it without thinking. Hearing a crush sound puts a smile on my face I think I broke it. Sh*t! My smile dropped instantly. An image of my mother finding out flows into my head. I shivered in fear and quickly hid it.

I turned around snuggling into my pillow and quilt finally getting comfortable once again. I started falling back to sleep in my warm bed when...

SLAM!!

Someone barged into my room with the door slamming against the wall. You could hear the plaster board crumbling to the floor. Great! The wall has another hole in it.

"COUTNEY ROSE WAKE UP NOW! you have 40 minutes until you have to be at school" My mother shouted and I stayed still. Controlling my breathing so it looks like I'm asleep. Not moving until she leaves.

"GET UP NOW BITCH!" She screamed after a few minutes while ripping my quilt off me. I shot out of bed at the sound of her voice and a groan flew out my mouth quickly holding the wall with my eyes shut. Feeling slightly dizzy for getting up to fast.

When the dizziness subsided I opened my eyes just as the curtains were drawn. I quickly shut my eyes due to the burning feeling I was currently receiving from it and slowly opened my eyes to get used to the bright light. Mother walked out and I started to breathe again. I walked to the bathroom attached to my bedroom it had a walk in shower, a standard white bath, a rectangle mirror, and the other essentials. In my room I had red and white walls, my double white sized bed, a walk in wardrobe as big as a normal bathroom would be, I had my tv on my wall in the corner of the two walls but it was a small tv. I had a desk with my purple laptop on and work scattered around on it. I had bean bags in the corner of my room. But most of it had to be packed away as I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon as the pack is moving so are we. Were moving to Seattle. I get this strange feeling that something good might happen I can't figure what it is.

I got this bedroom when my brothers still lived here but they moved out with there mates. They don't know what happens when they're gone. They ask why I have bruises, cuts and black eyes, before I say anything my father cuts in and says I got into a fight. My brothers being the idiots believe them. There mates eyes flicker with doubt as they look at me.

I walk to the mirror and looked at myself I have brown thick hair down to midway of my back, unusual blood red eyes which my parents don't have, average plump lips, perfect small nose. I have a slim rounded face. i think I look plain, I'm not beautiful. I have a purple bruise under my ribs and a cut in my cheek that healed into an ugly scar. My wrist is tilted from where it was broken an healed slowly. I shook the thoughts out of my head. I untie my hair and took off my pjs I walked in the shower i had a quick shower.

I was now standing in front of my mirror a towel wrapped around me as I brushed my teeth. I walked out into my bedroom and straight into my wardrobe and picked what i decided on wearing today. I had blue jeans, and a white and black crop top on. Covering my bruise. I blow dried my hair which made it come out straight, I didn't put any make up on as I don't like wearing it. I quickly put on my jacket before running downstairs.

Running downstairs is a routine in the morning. Trying not to run into my father. I haven't shifted yet I'm only 16 and we turn at 17. My birthday is in 3 days. I looked at the time on my phone and it says 7:50 am I have got 25 minutes to get to school so I quickly ran into the kitchen grabbed an Apple and pulled out my car keys and my bag and I got into my BMW sport. I started up the engine and it roared back at me and I set of to school.

I start to think about today as its going to be hard as it's my last day of this school and I'm going to miss my friends. I won't miss some of the teachers as some of them didn't like me as I wasn't shy to speak my mind. Some of the teachers are with the pack so there coming along much to my disappointment.

I pulled into the school call park with 10 minutes to spare and found a space in front of the school so I didn't have to walk that far. I turned my car off taking the keys out. I got out and start walking towards the entrance as my best friend ella came screaming while running to me she's just like me a werewolf.

"OMG! I'm so happy to see you but sad it's your last day today and I'm going to miss you a lot" she paused while a tear rolled down her face. She was in a different pack so she wasn't coming along. 

I quickly pulled her in to hug her and said, "I'm gonna miss you too, but we can call all the time you can come over on school holidays."

"But it won't be the same who am I going to talk about boys with on lunch breaks?" she sniffed.

"I know" a rogue tear rolling down my cheek. I'm really going to miss her.

She let go and we began walking in the school to our lockers. It was silent until my group of friends came and hugged us all of the saying how much there going to miss me. I was going to cry full on but I got cut off by the bell ringing and we walked off to class.

It was a quick day which I was glad about but a sad day I didn't want to leave. I had no say in it.

I hugged my friends trying not to cry then walked to my car. I hate crying. i got into my car, starting the engine and reversing out of my space driving out of the car park. Once I got in I went upstairs putting my bags on my desk. I locked the door and went to change into shorts and t-shirt. I crawled into bed.

Once my head was on my pillow and I was all tucked in I felt a tear run down my face. I cried getting it out of my system. When I finished crying I started to feel tired. I closed my eyes and I fell asleep.

I dreamed about shifting for the first time wondering what my coat would look like, what my eyes would look like and what my wolf would be like. Would I be a strong wolf? or would I be a weak one?