Athena

Word count: 1,164
🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾
I woke up to the sun blaring through the curtains. Something seemed off today and as I got up opening the window, I slowly saw that it was snowing. The white snowflakes fell gracefully from the sky. I smiled and make my way to the closet. I opened it getting dressed in a black long sleeve shirt and a pair of black jeans. I slip on my brown snow boots and I walked out of my bedroom. Everyone still seemed to be asleep that was until I got to the living room. I found Mina, Daren, Jacob and Jake. I looked over to see my little girl drawing some pictures with crayons. I smiled and walked over and she smiled and I put her hand to my face, closing my eyes.

She showed me images of snow and playing in it. I smiled and nod. "You wanna go play in the snow?"

Athena nodded and stood up. Jake got up and handed us both jackets and gloves.

"Alright, let's go, Athena. Daddy will meet us later." I softly spoke. The freezing cold air hit us in the face as soon as we opened the door. I stepped onto the snowy ground and Athena smiled and ran into the snow. I watched, smiling. I felt hands wrap around me and felt hot air hit my neck. I looked over seeing Ashton, his blue eyes locking on mine.

"Morning, baby." He whispers in my ear.

"Morning, my love." I reply, kissing him softly.

He smiles into the kiss and something hit my nose. It smelt like antiseptic and rotting flesh. I looked over frantically to see Athena standing in horror. My heart stopped as —they—stepped out of the woods. Both rouges and the scientists stepped out of the woods. My fear hit as I lunged out of Ashton's arms. Twenty guns lifted in the air and were fired. They hit everyone except for me and Athena. Ashton, Jake, and Jacob were all testing to fight the sleepiness, but it was winning. I pulled Athena close, petting her head to calm her down.

I was furious when I spoke. "What are you all doing here!?"

"We came back for you, little Claire and your little pup." His voice rang out, "You should remember me, Claire. You were the one who did this to me." He points to his face indicating the scars.

"I don't know what you are talking about I never hurt anyone, but my personal scientist...." My voice trailed off as I growled.

He smirked, "I was the one who killed your mother and father after all. I was the one who experimented on you. I was the one who created you to be MY PERFECT WEAPON!" His voice boomed as I snarled.

I went to shift, but before I could the tranquilizer dart hit me and Athena. My body gave up as the whole world went dark.

~Athena's POV~
It was hours and I awoke next to my mother on the cold floor of a cell. I saw silver bars and which reeked of antiseptic. Everything was white and the lights were super bright and I looked at my mom. She was awake as well and crying. I've never seen my mommy cry before. She seemed terrified. My heart sank to my stomach as she sat up slowly holding me to her chest.

Her voice was shaky and raspy when she spoke. "Are you okay, baby girl?"

I nodded my head as she pet my hair softly. I was shaking in fear and I didn't know why. I closed my eyes as tears fell down my cheek from seeing my mom cry. Her body was quivering when suddenly, the cell door opened. My mom growled and pushed me behind her as 3 men and 1 woman walked in.

They stood in awe as her aggression was startling. The woman cleared her voice stepping forward before the three men grabbed my mom's arms. She didn't move, she only flinched as they shackled her feet and wrists with silver chains. The woman took out three needles. She growled at me as I hid in the back of the cell. The woman poked my mom with all three and I watched my mother not flinch but growl for the men to let her go. They do and she falls on the cold floor. They dragged her out and slammed the gate closed while I sat scared on the bed.

"Your mommy will be okay little one don't fret. I already contacted your daddy. I promise to protect you with my life." A small voice said in my head as I laid on the small bed waiting for my mom. Soon, I drifted off to sleep.

~Claire's POV~

I didn't move nor flinch as I knew what was going to happen. We entered a bright room and they forced me into a chair, restraining my arms and legs I whimper. My wolf didn't move as she was crying in pain, her strength weakening due to silver chains. The scientists entered the room injecting me with needles and putting my heart and mind under stress.

As the last injection entered me, I began to growl and shake, making the whole chair shake. The scientists applauded as my wolf instantly surfaced. I growled and barked as they put something cold and metal against my neck and immediate pain shot through me. I was only half-shifted. I fought more against the restraints but they did nothing except for draining me of my energy. Soon, I was taken out of there and thrown back to my original cell. Athena sat on the bed, hands wrapped around her body as if trying to protect herself.

I couldn't feel nothing but rage as I was in half- shift form. My eyes flowed as my clothes were ripped and I fully shifted. The guards looked at Athena who cried out to me my wolf in full control. I couldn't fight back my wolf. She was too strong to win against.

I failed Ashton! I'm sorry! Please hurry to me, love! Athena needs you! I need you!

~Ashton's POV~

When my pack members woke up along with me, we all came to the realization: my mate and pup were gone. Kuro was pissed off. After checking everyone for injuries or death we began following the scents. I called Alpha Kyle and created an alliance with 7 other packs of 2,000+ members.

We kept following scents as it led to an underground lab and I growled. My mate was in there along with my mate.

But we had to stop since everyone was exhausted due to the trip. We set up camp two miles from the lab and waited for the perfect moment to attack.

My blood boiled as we started planning on how to attack. I needed my mate and pup back no matter if it costs me my own life.