The Past Haunts You {Edited}

My footsteps were echoed by those of my mate. Fear filled my mind as I increased my pace. I didn't know why I felt afraid but I kept running. My mind drifted into the past, taking my attention away from where I was running.

~Flashback~

"Once we discover what makes you a wolf Claire and get rid of this blood, you can go back to being normal." The scientist smiled at me as she filled an injection.

"B-But I don't wanna be a human!" My 6 year old self yelled.

"Oh Claire, it's gonna be okay, just hold still." She stepped closer as I screamed and struggled in the restraints that held me to the metal chair. Three men entered the room and held my chest down as she injected me with a purple colored liquid. I was soon under the spell of sleep.

"Run Claire I will always be here for you."

~End of flashback~

My paws hit the smooth surface of a road and a loud horn brought me back from my memories. I turned to see a huge truck coming my way. Before I could even blink, the truck had swerved to its left and crashed with a bunch of trees. Ashton moved past me in his human form in a blur and I soon followed.

He commanded me to call 911 and with little difficulty, I did. Seeing a few signposts, I told them about the accident and they said that an ambulance would be there in a few more minutes.

Till they came, Ashton and I somehow helped the driver out of his compromising position. Everything was a blur till the ambulance came. When he was finally gone, did my mistake dawn on me. I had almost cost a man his life.

I turned back to Aston, whimpering. "I'm so sorry, Ashton."

He carried me up in his arms and pressed his forehead against mine. "It's alright, mate. Go to sleep. I will be there when you wake up."

In his arms, I found comfort and soon drifted to sleep.

And in my dreams, I found another memory of how I had lost control and almost killed Lucy.

It disturbed me and my veins sizzled with anger once more.

When I woke, I was on a soft bed with the heaviness of a blanket that rested on my lower body. Ashton's presence was also noticeable and while he slept soundly, I slipped away from him.

Walking down to the kitchen, I smiled at those who greeted me and warily eyed those who stared. 

I took out a small plastic cup which held chocolate pudding. I took out a spoon from one of the drawers when a blonde woman came in front of me. Her eyes were blazing with fury and I had to furrow my brows. "Can I help you?"

She batted her fake eyelashes, "Yeah, I want you to stay away from Ashton. He's mine!"

"Listen I don't know what misunderstanding you have, but as far as I know, Ashton is my mate and I won't be going anywhere." She raised her hand to slap me but I ducked in time. I growled, Yuki rising up to the authority that the Luna position gave her. The anger in my blood boiled further when blondie refused to back down.

I slammed her against the kitchen wall and watched as a crowd formed around the open kitchen. There was silence except for the noise coming from the training grounds. I could feel Ashton trudging down from the steps but he faded into the background and I focused on blondie who wasn't showing any signs of backing down.

Red mist clouded my vision and before I knew what I was doing, I was over blondie and she bled from my furious punches. Ashton wound his hands around my mid-section and it took six males to hold me back. While I was being restrained by the warriors; Ashton was taking care of Georgia, the blondie who was crying.

I struggled more before falling limply to the ground. What had happened? Ashton came towards me and lifted me off the ground, growling at whoever tried to touch me.

"Everyone please resume and Daren can you clean up the blood. I'm gonna take care of our Luna."

When we were halfway through the stairs, he whispered in my ear, "We need to discuss your past."