Hearts Heal {Edited}

~Ashton's POV~

Claire stood there with mixed emotions clear on her face. I could feel my eyes light up when hers met mine. She led me towards the bathroom so I could freshen up. When I walked out, I heard Claire yelling at someone and then I heard a large crash of glass. I burst through the doors to find a broken vase and saw her talking to a young girl who looked to be in her twenties.

"I'm sorry for bursting in, I just got worried from the vase breaking." I laughed nervously, rubbing my hands on the back of my jeans.

"You're fine, Ashton." The lady said and turned back to Claire.

"Listen, Marina, I can't just give you the third rank position. On challenge day, you can challenge Max alright?" I could feel her eyes turning into their dominating golden color.

Marina stood there pissed, "IT'S NOT FAIR ALPHA!"

Claire smacked her to the floor now growling darkly, "GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY OFFICE! MY DECISION IS FINAL UNDERSTOOD! I'M YOU'RE ALPHA! YOU LISTEN TO ME!" Marina fearfully nodded and run out the room, crying and slammed the door behind her. Claire turned to me and I smiled.

~Claire's POV~
What should I do? Hug him? Kiss him? Or scream at him? My mind was pacing back and forth and I heard Yuki's growl as I walked towards Ashton.

"Claire." He whispers, pulling me into a hug.

"Why? Why did you never return!?" Sparks broke out all over my body and he clutched me closer.

"I was afraid you would hate me after what happened that night. Anyway, let's not dwell on it. I'm here now that's all that matters now Claire." Ash's voice was gentle and I shuddered when he blew on my ear.

I couldn't control it anymore. I couldn't lose him again. I reached up and kissed him deeply. He kissed back slowly and passionately, grabbing my waist and pulling me closer. His tongue touched my bottom lip wanting entrance and as I let it in, our tongues move fighting for dominance. I pulled away slowly and began kissing his jawline down to his collarbone. He moaned with every kiss and suck. My fangs sharpened and I bit into his collarbone. He let out another moan and I smirked, marking him mine. I then heard him growl and I released him. He pinned me to the wall, immediately dragging his teeth along my neck. I needed him and I couldn't control it anymore it had been so long since I last saw him.  I looked in his eyes and watched as his wolf and him fighting back and forth for control. He trailed kisses down my neck until he found a sensitive spot on my neck. I let out a moan and I felt his teeth clamp and pierce through my skin. The tingles exploded between us and as it was about to heat up more I heard a knock. Ashton growled, licking his mark and sending tingles throughout my whole body.

"Alpha, there have been two rouge sightings in the east quadrant of the territory." Darren's voice rang out.

"Dammit, Darren, you ruined my and my mate's reunion." Ash stated as entered the room with a guilty smile.

"Sorry Ash, I promise I'll be back. I got to deal with this." I said, kissing him and leaving him with a smile.

'If anything goes wrong communicate to me through here, okay Claire?' Ashton asked through the mind link.

'I promise I will, Ashton. Now get ready for bed.' I command and follow Daren downstairs, ripping my dress into shreds by shifting.

When my feet hit soil, I followed Darren and Max into the East part of the territory where two young rouges were surrounded by 7 of my top fighters. The Rogues looked petrified and got even more scared when I growled. 'SHIFT!' I barked. They nodded and shifted. They were two small teen girls. The older one was bruised and cut up and wove her arms around the smaller one. I shifted as well and the males turned their eyes away.

"PLEASE SPARE US ALPHA!" One yelled as I kneeled down.

"May I ask what happened to you both?" I asked them.

"Our father went crazy and attacked my sister and I. So we ran." The elder one cried softly.

"I see. I will let you stay at my pack house for the night. June! Mary! Take them to the pack house make sure they use the guest room."

They nodded their heads and they shifted and so did I and ran back to my mate. I shifted and changed into a long baggy t-shirt and my silver hair hung down to my butt. Note to self: get hair trimmed. I walk into my room to find Ash sleeping on the bed. I smiled and climbed into bed softly trying not to wake him. He opened his eyes and since I was on the edge of the bed, he grabbed my hips and dragged me over to his body. He smiled and kissed my neck as I shivered and rolled over facing him.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." I whisper softly.

"Mmm, don't worry baby let's get some sleep okay?" Ash whispered in my ear and kissed it.

I fell asleep soon in his protective arms.