New Alpha Arises and a Rouge {Edited}

Hi hope you enjoy!
Word count: 1,613
🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾
Claire's POV~
It felt so long even thought it had only been an exact year since my mate left. I have been running the pack pretty well I think. Going to meetings and helping with a new pack house.

My alarm went off and I opened my eyes slowly. Today, I had a meeting and a training session. I got up putting on a designer two-piece dress that was black in color. The skirt reached till my ankles and see- through except when it ascended towards my thighs where it blackened. I had also bleached and died my hair another color. It was a silver/white color.

I slid on a pair of combat boots that were the same color as the dress. I looked in the mirror and admired what I saw. After my mate had left, I had started working out which led to me losing weight and gaining muscle.

I smiled spinning around in a circle and my eyes fell at my mate's closet. I sighed, closing it slowly. I felt my whole whine as my heart cried out for him. My heart wanted him. I wanted him! I then opened my door and walked downstairs to find Max standing in looking at me with a flabbergasted expression on his face. I laughed and walked to the fridge opening it and grabbing a box of apple juice.

"Good morning Luna, you look amazing!" Jake exclaimed, flipping the omelet on the pan over to a plate.

"Why, thank you, Jake. So, what do we have this morning?" I asked him, taking a sip of the juice.

"Well, first off, I'm going to feed you with my delicious food then we are going to the elder's hunting lodge for your meeting." He said and I nodded, watching as he flipped some pancakes on a plate and handed them to me. I smiled putting some butter and syrup on them.

I took the first bite and my eyes went towards the window from where I could see the pack training. Soon my plate was empty and I moved off the chair, nodding towards Jake.  "Okay, let's go, I'm ready." I said, and we moved out to the limo. Max and Jake sat in front of me and I relaxed back into the lush leather seat. He taps the glass and we drive off to the top of the mountain. As soon we reached, we all got out and watched the snow shining under sun's rays. The elders and the King, Kyle stood there waiting for us. We walked towards them and bowed respectfully.

"Welcome, temporary Alpha Claire, how are you?" Kyle asked, smiling politely.

I smiled in return, "I'm doing good, Sir, the pack is running smoothly and I'm still waiting for my mate to return."

"I'm so sorry to hear about that. Well, he has 3 weeks to return before I revoke his rule and make him a Beta and you and Alpha or worse a Rouge." His commanding aura hit me like a ton of bricks. I nodded my head in understanding and walked ahead to grasp his wife's hand in a friendly shake. After a little more of small talk, we all moved inside the warm and comforting lodge. I smiled a bit when Kyle patted me on the shoulder and introduced me to everyone.

"Everyone, I called this meeting to tell you all that this young woman has taken her place at the table as Alpha of her mate's pack while he is absent." Champagne glasses were raised in the air along with cheers.

At a huge round table, I was placed next to Kyle and Jake. Kyle's Beta brought out a huge map of the pack lands. I smiled as I saw how much my pack had expanded. It was still smaller than that of Kyle's but bigger than the Snow Pack which covered the mountains. The meeting began and after a few hours, we all stood up reciting the law of the wolf.

"This is the law of the pack,
As old and true
As the sky.
And the Wolf that shall keep it
May prosper, the one that shall break it must die.
As the creeper girdles the tree trunk,
The Law runneth forward and back.
Because the strength of the pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the pack!"
(Copyright to Rudyard Kipling 'The Jungle Book')

After the packs were discussed, we moved towards the living room, where a huge buffet was laid out, still left to be uncovered. Jake sat next to me, a soft drink in his hands. Tiredly, I laid my head against his shoulder and we both observed as people laughed and talked animatedly.

"I'm sorry, Luna, I'm just trying for you to be comfortable since alpha isn't returning." He sighed.

"I know. I miss him too but, thank you so much for the help." I gave him a friendly hug before taking out my phone and starting to play Angry Birds. I looked up when I felt Kyle sit down beside me.

"So, Alpha Claire, is this your new mate?" He tilted his head towards Jake and snicker before answering.

"No, he's my Beta." Kyle smiled, embarrassed.

"So, um, Alpha Kyle, I'm confused. I haven't heard from my mate and neither has his pack but you hear everyone. Can you please tell me where my mate is?" I asked in a polite tone and he took my hand in his before answering.

"Let's see, Ashton, well he's not in trouble but, he is living with someone." His eyes shifted towards me and I felt a throbbing beginning at the back of my head. I realized it was Yuki.

"He left us! He ran away without rejecting us and is hurting us this much! How dare he do that?!" She was furious and I fisted my hand trying to calm her down with optimistic words.

I felt Kyle enter my mind."Yuki, I promise, Ashton would never do that." I watched him pet her furry head.

"It hurts! I JUST WANT MY MATE!" She cried.

The writhing pain entered me and as soon as my body started shaking, Kyle pressed on a vein on my neck and everything was black.

~Ashton's POV~
I paced my room, chewing on my bottom lip. It had been a year since I'd seen her face or heard her voice. I had abandoned my pack and my mate. I was the worst. My parents had given me a place for refuge and that made me feel even more pathetic.

"Ashton, let's go for a run, please, or see our mate!" Kuro whined.

"Sorry, I can't see her after the whole fight happened. It's killing you like it's killing me." I sighed, ruffling my hair.

"It's not fair! You've been here for a year! You lost being Alpha. You know what, screw this!" He growled and took control of me.

He took me outside and shifted. Hours passed and I found myself surrounded by my pack members.

"Shift!" They yell and I did, wearing the clothes that Jake threw at me. My mate stood there with her arms crossed. Her white hair shone in the moonlight and she looked . . . pissed.

~Claire's POV~

"Why!?" My voice was strong even thought tears formed in his eyes
.
"I'm so sorry Claire I." He started, softly touching my hands.
I whined when felt the sparks, "I'm sorry Ashton, but you're a rouge. Jake! Nathan! Take him to my pack house I will fill him in there.  I swear if you hurt him, I WILL KILL YOU BOTH!" My voice sounded sturdy and I watched as they carried out my orders.

~Ashton's POV~

"How is she the Alpha?" I asked Jake and fascination burned in my voice and eyes.

"Well, King Kyle found out that she was the daughter of the Alpha of the old Sunset Pack and since you didn't return he put you as a Rogue and her as the Alpha and she's done pretty good job." Jake said as Nathan nodded.

"Wow, what has she done to better the pack, may I ask?" I looked at them and they smiled and nodded.

"Well, she built 3 new alliances, so our total population is over 10,000. " Jake started and Nathan interrupted, "She also has made 7 new pack houses and when she moved from your old room she took all your clothes with her."

I whined as Jake sighed, "She did take it hard and you have to patch this up so you can regain your pack back Ashton and your Luna. "

We walked until we got to a huge pack house with 6 stories. The room had a black and white theme and as soon as I started admiring the furniture, the door opened and Claire entered the room.
🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾
Hey I hope you enjoyed this I know it's kinda long. But also I'm having a cover contest for my new book.
"I'm his Luna but I'm the alpha."
Anyway shout to Midika for her books and eatingismyjob for all the votes please support her. Also just a shoutout to three of my fav writes friesbeforeguys101, the_lovable_dork, and also Annie_love97 for the books anyway see ya.
~Lunar The Wolf~