Chapter 60

Taehyung ran over to the place Hoseok had mentioned but when he got there, Jungkook was no where to be seen. He looked around a bit but still nothing. It took him a little time to walk further ahead looking around, when he saw Jungkook standing a little way down and towards the end of the beach, throwing pebbles in the ocean ahead. The bubbling feeling returned as Taehyung jogged over to the unaware boy and hugged him from behind startling Jungkook.

"Kookie~"

Jungkook stood like a statue unable to understand what was happening. He slowly turned his head to his side and saw Taehyung grinning from over his shoulder. Jungkook blinked twice before looking back ahead. Taehyung felt the stiffness in Jungkook but before he stepped back on his own, Jungkook harshly pulled his hands from his torso and jerked them away, indifferently. Taehyung was taken aback by the level of rudeness but let it go since Jungkook was unaware of the truth. Taehyung moved ahead and came face to face with him as a huge smile graced his features confusing Jungkook even further.

"What are you doing?" Jungkook finally managed to say something flatly, still not looking at Taehyung, but this time his coldness didn't hurt Taehyung since he knew why Jungkook was shocked.

"It was all just a misunderstanding, Kookie. I thought you were mad at me after the kiss but that wasn't true. But I still thought that and stayed away and that made you think that I was ignoring but I wasn't. And then-" Jungkook held his hand up silencing Taehyung and when the older did, Jungkook spoke monotonously.

"Just stop already." Taehyung blinked at him in confusion as Jungkook stepped back slowly.

"But I'm just-"

Jungkook scoffed at that and it was the first time Taehyung had seen him like that. It looked like Jungkook had totally given up on everything.

"You have already picked one and I know, okay? Stop making things up to cover it. I never thought of you to be a playboy." Jungkook couldn't hold it in anymore and the words in his mind kept coming out of his mouth without his permission but he had no more strength to stop them any longer. Taehyung had weakened him even more by the sudden hug which Jungkook could only wish was really for him and not because Taehyung was only pretending.

"What?" Taehyung looked at him in surprise as he still didn't understand what was Jungkook saying.

"Sungjae already told me that you guys are.. dating." The word came out with much more effort than Jungkook had thought.
"So, don't try to play with me like this. Please. Just leave me out of it, okay?"

Jungkook turned around after that and walked away leaving a dumbfounded Taehyung behind. He had new tears formed but he rubbed his eyes furiously, not letting them fall. He was NOT going to waste his precious tears over someone like Taehyung. He shouldn't. He was not so weak to cry after him. Another scoff escaped him when he recalled Taehyung's shocked face.

/He had the audacity to act surprised in front of me? Unbelievable./

Jungkook blinked multiple times and cleared his eyes as he walked in the direction of the hill. It had become his new favourite spot for a lot of reasons and getting away from painful things was one of them.

------

Taehyung stood there watching Jungkook say all that and then walk away. To say he was shocked would be an understatement. He was down right baffled. What did Jungkook just call him? A playboy? How did he become a playboy in a second?

"Sungjae already told me that you guys are.. dating."

That wasn't true. Why would Sungjae say that? Why would he lie? Why would he lie about that to Jungkook? It didn't make sense. What the hell was going on here? Taehyung looked again and Jungkook was a long distance away from him now and if he was right, Jungkook was walking towards the hill.