Chapter 19

Jungkook and his mother chat about this and that at dinner after which he went to his room to finally relax. He still hadn't heard from Jimin so he thought of dropping him a text before going to sleep. A call might be unpleasant because who knows what type of atmosphere was there at the time. The thought of Jimin blushing in front of Yoongi and playing with the hem of his shirt, like he did when Yoongi came to pick him up, made him giggle. He got his phone out and punched in a few words for Jimin. Then he dropped the phone on the bed and went for a change of clothes and to brush his teeth.

When he returned, no message or call was there so he just laughed a little to himself thinking about the things he would say to Jimin the next day, to tease him.

------

Jungkook woke up to his alarm and got ready quickly before going to the kitchen for breakfast.

"Morning, bunny."

Jungkook glared at her playfully for the nickname as he settled in his chair.

"Last time I checked I wasn't four anymore."

Mrs. Jeon laughed at the sarcasm.

"Well, the last time I checked, you were still my baby boy."

This time Jungkook laughed at the reply.

His morning was jolly which was a good start for the day. After he was done, he quickly pecked his mom on the cheek before leaving the house for school. He checked his phone on the way. Still no sign of Jimin's reply. He thought Jimin was still with Yoongi if he wasn't replying, as there didn't seem to be any other reason possible. Jungkook laughed lightly to himself again as he made his way to his school. He had so much piled up to take out on Jimin, now. He won't leave the boy alone when he would finally see him.

------

The entire day neither did Jimin show up nor did he reply to Jungkook's calls and texts. Even though Jungkook tried to shrug it off like he did last night and that morning, he was a little sad now. Even if Jimin was having fun, it wasn't like him to completely ignore his phone, especially if it's Jungkook who's trying to reach to him. Jungkook let it slide again thinking that he shouldn't bother Jimin when he was finally having the time of his life. What a coincidence that he didn't get any call or text from his new friends, that day, either.

Jungkook dragged himself to home and went directly to his room. When he entered his room, he just tossed his bag on the table and slumped in his seat. His life was boring again. It was just two days ago that he met his new friends and those two days had been so much fun. Before that, he had Jimin to brighten his days.

Now, two days later, neither does he have Jimin nor his new friends to hang out with. (He still has them, he just doesn't want to be the first one to take a step towards them, otherwise, they live only two block next to him). The wave of joy came and left very quickly. Too quick for Jungkook's liking. And because it was that fast, he was now alone all of a sudden. He didn't want a crowd but he didn't want to get rid of a few people in his circle, out, either.

The past few days felt like he was riding a roller coaster that had just gone to the top of the track building up his suspense and thrill. And right when he was ready for an equally thrilling, if not more, ride down, it got stuck on the top. Now he had to wait till someone pushed it forward or he might have to stay stuck for a long time. Or maybe, long enough that he would get bored and get off and climb down on his own, leaving it behind.

Jungkook was still lost in his thoughts about how his life got shuffled and then came to a still in a few days until his eyes drooped and he slowly drifted to sleep. He didn't even change his clothes nor did he bother to set an alarm to wake up later. Homework didn't even cross hi mind. He was too pouty to do anything.