Chapter 9

After the emotional episode was over, Jungkook talked about everything that had happened, over dinner. Even though he already had his meal at Taehyung's, he still joined his mother and Jimin. After all, he owed his mother that much for worrying her like that. During his explanation, when Jungkook mentioned Namjoon, Jimin face-palmed.

"Of course. I should have called hyung. I totally forgot about him. Tch!"

Acknowledging his addition with a nod, Jungkook continued with his story and told them about the rest of his adventures of the day. By the time he was finished, his mother had a thankful smile on her lips. She could not believe the turn of events. Her son, who would not spare a single glance at others, unless he deemed it necessary, just spent the entire day with two new people and at their house, no less. And the best part was that Jungkook actually liked it. Even if he had not said it in words yet, his eyes were overflowing with excitement.

This change in her son occurred way too fast to be real but Mrs. Jeon was not complaining. If anything, she was immensely grateful to Namjoon who always tried to socialize her son at every chance he got. She made a mental note to properly thank him for this huge favor, later.

After dinner, Jimin and Jungkook helped Mrs. Jeon with the dishes and it was then that Jungkook realized his father wasn't home yet.

"Where's dad?"

"Oh! Sweetie, remember when I said we may have to stay a little longer?"

Jungkook nodded and Mrs. Jeon continued.

"Yeah well, he stayed and I came back. You see, we had to stay for a week but one of us could leave this time. So, I left. He will be coming back after a week."

"Okay."

Jungkook knew how busy his parents always have been, but he never questioned it. Even if they had to stay away for a long time, just like now. He knew that they were not doing all that for themselves only, but for him as well. Well, mostly for him, actually. So he was rather thankful than disrespectful.

When they were done with the dishes, Jungkook and Jimin went to Jungkook's room. While changing, Jungkook recalled he had to ask why Jimin had to wait for him at his house.

"So, how did it go Jiminie? Did you finally talk to him today?"

Jimin put his phone down and motioned for Jungkook to sit with him.

"You will not believe what went down.."

Flashback

The Previous Day

Jimin entered the cafe right on time, again. He was a little early actually, but that was exactly what he intended. He wanted to be there before someone came.

He was sitting on the table near the window at the back from where he could keep an eye on the entire area without looking like he was trying to find a certain someone.

Five minutes later, the door bell chimed causing Jimin to perk up. He was busy day dreaming and had not seen the said someone passing right past his view and into the cafe.

He immediately straightened himself up and revised the lines he had memorized all morning, one more time.

/Okay, Jimin. You have got this. You have totally got this. Just man up and talk to him today. Yes. Talk. To the handsome guy. Who will NOT judge you. Definitely not. Maybe a litt.. NO! Bad Jimin, bad. Be positive. Think about good things. His good looks. His perfect eyes. His gummy smile. His veiny hands. I need to talk to him. And I will./