Chapter 59

Sungjae and Jungkook walked a little to get away from Hoseok's hearing range and once they did, Sungjae turned towards Jungkook.

"I'll get straight to the point. I need to ask you something and I hope you don't mind it." Sungjae gave a heads up and Jungkook only nodded wondering what he wanted.

"Is there something going on between you and Tae?" Jungkook's heart clenched as he tried to shake away the possible question Sungjae might be asking him after this.

"Wh-what do you mean?" He stuttered against his will but that was, kind of, expected since he was now only waiting for the bomb to drop on him.

"Exactly that. Is there something between you two? As in, a relationship or something?" Before he could register the question and answer reasonably his panic kicked in and Jungkook held his hand in air as he shook his head vigorously.

"NO! No. There's no such thing." Sungjae relaxed visibly and let out a long sigh as his stiffness died down. He let out a small chuckle before he spoke.

"Well then, that means you have no problem if I'm dating him. Awesome." And Sungjae gave a pat on Jungkook's shoulder slightly before muttering a 'great, thanks' and walking away.

Jungkook felt like there was no ground beneath him anymore. He felt like his heart dropped down and dug its way to the core of the earth. His knees were about to give in when Hoseok came up and asked.

"What did he say?"

If it wasn't for the right timing, Jungkook would have been on the ground by now but now he couldn't. He had to put on a show because he couldn't let Hoseok know that Sungjae just ripped him inside out. Actually, Taehyung did. But he didn't have the guts to say it to Jungkook so he sent Sungjae to do it for him. Jungkook's eyes began to sting but he ignored it. He had to.

"Nothing much." Jungkook was a pro at poker face but right now he wasn't able to handle the situation and he needed Hoseok gone. So without letting the older speak he changed the topic.
"Jimin said he needs your help. He asked me to send you over."

Jungkook had no idea how on point his little lie was. Hoseok stopped himself from saying whatever he was about to say when he heard that.
"He did?"

Jungkook gave a nod and added.
"He just texted me."

Hoseok thought over why Jimin texted Jungkook for that and not him, but then dismissed the idea.
"You stay here, okay? I'll see what he wants and come back, right here."

Jungkook nodded again and with that Hoseok took off. Once he disappeared Jungkook left out a shaky breath as he felt tears pooling in his eyes. How could Taehyung do that? How could he play with him so cruelly? And through Sungjae? He sent him instead of coming himself?

Jungkook walked over and past the table they were sitting at a while ago and reached the beach. He sat down after walking a fair distance and looked ahead.

/You're an asshole, Tae. I'll never forgive you for this. I hate you. I hate you so much. And I always will./

"I hate you, Kim Taehyung." Jungkook muttered out as he picked a pebble and imagined Taehyung's face on it before throwing it as far away into the ocean as he could.

-------

Hoseok reached the room and knocked on it.

"Who is it?" Jimin asked in a bored tone from inside.

"It's me." Hoseok tapped his feet impatiently as he waited for the door to open. Soon shuffling was heard and in the next second the door was unlocked and flung open.