Chapter 16

Once Jungkook calmed down, Hoseok continued.

"We actually found this note by coincidence. Me and Tae were just hiding in the parking lot waiting for professor to come to school. As usual, he came earlier than the rest of the school, went straight to the second floor and started writing something in his planner and then reading a new book. When other students started arriving he closed the book and walked towards the teacher's room. By then, we had moved inside and were hiding behind the teacher's vending machine. The entrance door of teacher's room was exactly in front of us so we were hidden in a good spot. When he was about to go in, someone came running from the other direction. He didn't slow down as he made a turn and bumped into the professor. He bowed immediately and apologized to the professor before helping him pick up his planner and a few other things he had caused the professor to drop. Afterwards, the professor just went inside while the student went on his own way. However, we were still there. Why? Because there was something that he forgot to pick up. After the area was clear enough, we quickly took it and scrammed." Hoseok was out of breath, since he was explaining with his whole body, and urged Taehyung to continue. The latter gave a nod and spoke.

"We didn't open it there and then. Instead, we waited till we got home. And once we did check it out." Taehyung pointed towards the small note lying in front of them.
"This was what we had got our hands on."

Jungkook leaned forward, eyes wide and bright, showing clearly how overwhelmed he was.
"Did you see him looking for it, later?"

Hoseok and Taehyung both nod at the same time at which Jungkook gasped slightly.

"We did see him looking for something when we were going for our third class but we hadn't seen the note yet so we didn't know what was in it, at that time. Therefore, we didn't really know why he came back. The only thought we could come up with was that it was probably related to his school stuff. Regardless, we just kept our mouths shut about it." Taehyung explained further.

"So our next mission was to find out who it was for?" Hoseok started again and Jungkook gave a weak nod again.

"But since we had been observing him for about a week by then, we couldn't understand when he could give it to someone or if he wanted to give it someone at all. We were so confused. The only thing we could come up with, was to follow him on social media and to also go inside the cafe with him. Even though going to the cafe was a bit risky, we still had to do it." Hoseok glanced between the two boys who were looking at him with utmost admiration at his determination. Yes, both of them.

Hoseok took a deep breath before continuing.
"I took the social media and Tae took the cafe. He'll tell you about the cafe part himself. I'll tell about mine first." Jungkook took one more sip of water. He was still unable to believe that he wasn't dreaming.

"I checked his activities and stuff. Nothing was out of ordinary. It was easier to keep an eye on him since he was already added with me, Tae and Jin hyung. He would like our posts now and then, sometimes he would chime in with a comment too, but nothing unusual, like I said."

Now it was Taehyung's turn, again.
"I was in charge of the cafe, right?" Jungkook nod.
"So I went after him right next day and kept following him for a day or two. He would just have a cup of coffee and read some book. Nothing else."

Then, Taehyung paused and a grin spread on his face. Jungkook knew the climax was coming now. He could feel it. Hoseok and Taehyung both looked at each other and then at Jungkook as they both took in a deep breath. This was it. The long awaited moment.

Taehyung brought out his cellphone. Jungkook looked at the new item and then back at his hyungs. What now?

"Look at the third video in it." Hoseok instructed almost whispering and Jungkook followed. He opened the said location, eyes glued on the screen as he watched the video that Taehyung had made of Nam Joon in the cafe.

In the first few minutes of the video Nam Joon was just sitting there and waiting for his order. After the lady finally arrived with his coffee and left, Nam Joon pulled something from the pocket of his jeans, that looked like a small paper, and scribbled something. He put the small paper back in his pocket and just sat there enjoying his coffee again. Almost ten more minutes passed and nothing was happening. The video showed shuffling and Jungkook could tell that at this point Taehyung had given up and was about to turn off the recording. It didn't stop, however. It got back on Nam Joon for a few seconds and Jungkook could see that Nam Joon had straightened up suddenly and was avoiding the gaze of someone by hiding behind his book. The camera was turned in the direction that Nam Joon was looking at and it zoomed in. It was Jin, Taehyung's older brother. He didn't meet Nam Joon, though. He probably didn't even see him considering the fact that he just went straight to the counter and placed his order before sitting at the table next to Nam Joon who was still hiding behind the book. But Jin didn't pay attention to him even then.

Jungkook's mind started working on all the possibilities but he didn't let his mind make any theories, yet and focused on the video instead. He had to see the full video before he could jump to any conclusions.

A little while later Jin's order arrived but he hadn't even taken a sip before his phone rang. He picked it up but it seemed like the person on the other end of the line couldn't hear him so he moved out of the cafe. When the camera came back on Jin's table, Jungkook's eyes went so wide that they were about to come out of their sockets. Nam Joon was sneaking a note under Jin's cup and silently leaving. When Jin came back, he noticed the note and looked around, confused, to see who placed it. After looking around for a while and not finding the person he just sighed and sat down. The next thing Jungkook saw was Jin blushing, madly. That's where the video ended.

Jungkook was holding the phone so close to his face, by now, that if he moved any closer he would be just diving into the device.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~