8 ; "i'm letting you go."

Start from the beginning

I wrapped my shaky arms around myself as I removed my limp and weak body out of his bed. I could hear his soft snores and heavy breathing already once I exited the room. Just knowing he was here, in the same place as me was relieving already. My pacing heart seemed to ease and I sniffled again. I entered the living room where I saw him sprawled out adorably on the couch with what's supposed to be his blanket thrown over his legs only. I sucked in my lips in attempt to keep them from trembling, the memory of my nightmare flashing vividly in my mind. It was no longer the image of the demon on top of him, but the image of the two together happily... it was too much.

I played with the material of Jimin's shirt that he had changed me in only before taking slow steps towards the demon in slumber. Another lone tear fell from my eye as I watched him sleep.

He seemed so human. The epitome of a perfect man right now. But I knew deep inside he was much more capable of tearing me apart inside without even trying.

"J-Jimin?" I stuttered because when I said his name, the sobs just came.

The demon stirred in his sleep before opening his dark eyes towards me. He sat up immediately upon seeing me and I just wrapped my hands tighter around the shirt I was wearing as I gazed into his eyes with tears. My heart clenched and so did my jaw. His eyebrows tied together and he narrowed his to mine.

"Baby, what's wrong?"

"Can I—" I hiccuped and retracted my hand back to my lips. "Sorry, this is stupid."

He sighed and ran a hand through his tousled hair. He suddenly held his arms open for me and I just cried harder in my place. "Come here."

"Till death do us part." I mumbled without thinking about it and his eyes flashed with dawning realization.

"You had a nightmare." He swallowed almost nervously and blinked rapidly. "And it was about me, wasn't it?"

I nodded hiccuping again, my lips curling into a saddened frown. "I don't want to hurt. And you said I wouldn't."

"I'm not boyfriend material, Chaeyoung. I can't be that guy for you." He reasoned a bit strained.

"Can't you try?" I begged him desperately. "Cause god knows I'm trying here. I think— I think even your friends know I'm trying so hard for you but all you do is hurt me. And I've only been intimate with you since yesterday."

"Baby, I can't be—"

"Fucking try, Jimin!" I screamed out hopelessly, the sobs not seizing. He widened his eyes shocked at my sudden anger and frustration. I pulled at my hair and turned away. "For just a little longer, stop being a vicious demon and be a perfect guy for me."

His breathing became harsher. But so did mine.

"Baby,"

"Stop calling me that." I sighed running my hand gently through my hair now. "Stop calling me your baby when I'm obviously not."

He flashed in my eyes this time in a second and being too stressed out, I didn't even flinch. His cold hands cupped my cheeks and instead of moving away, my eyes shut and for some reason all my stresses had gone away. For the moment.

"That's another ability I have." He whispered kindly stroking my cheek with his thumb.

"You need to stop manipulating me, Jimin." It was supposed to come out threatening but I sounded like a lost puppy. "Stop it or I leave."

His hands moved from mine and I had a pounding headache. "Wait, put them back and I swear if you let go, I will cut off your dick."

When his hands returned, my head seemed clear but the thoughts were still present. With less effect. I forced my eyes open to look into his and though I expected stern frustration, his eyebrows were furrowed and lips were frowned with discontent and anxiousness. I blinked blankly at him and parted my lips to speak but was met with his lips instead.

I felt it again. That same feeling I got when our first kiss happened together. Like this was where I'm supposed to be. With him, feeling like a teenager in love.

He pulled away and kissed me everywhere else on my face with tense lips. I can tell he was frustrated. Not with me. But with himself.

"Jimin..."

"I want to let go." He said putting his forehead on my own. "Just so you can let all your anger out on me so you wouldn't hurt."

"That's not going to help, Jimin."

Even though I protested against it, he let go of my face and I had to breath from the sudden effect my feelings had on me. I groaned out and Jimin dropped his arms to wrap around me. Another tear dropped from my eye and I just let him hold me. His forehead leaning against mine taking in soft inhales like he was gasping for air.

"You're suffocating me, Chaeyoung." He mumbled while shaking his head. "I want to make you the happiest girl in the world but I can't do that."

"Yeah well." I sniffled unattractively and pulled away. "I'm suffocating here too."

There was a moment of silence between us. Just staring at each other with pure love and affection. I didn't want this to end. His weakness for me, his desperation for me because I felt the same way for him. When he looked at me with those eyes, I felt like his only one. But it'll never be like that. I don't think it'd ever be like that. Even if I begged him, on my knees and sacrificed everything, I would never be his only.

I felt this weird sting in my chest, as if something had broke off when he let his arms go from me. He took careful steps back and he let out a haggard breath.

"I'm letting you go."

My eyebrows tied together and I suddenly felt empty inside. I felt... alone?

"What?" I searched his expression and he just sighed hiding in the darkness of the living room.

"I'm giving you you're freedom. No matter how much this hurts me, I'm letting you go."

My eyes widened in horror. "Wait Jimin, what are you—"

"You won't hurt anymore, baby doll."

I took a fast step forward towards him before my world blackened before me. It was like everything in my mind had disappeared and everything I knew had been forgotten.

Because I woke up the next morning without a recollection of him or anything out of the ordinary. Because he gave me up. Just like that. And I won't even remember even his name.