five.

"have you heard about the fight?"

"Yeah"

"what did you hear?"

"you sent a innocent person to the hospital."

He clenched his fist and lowered his head. "That's not true." He looked outside my window.

"Let me tell you what really happened."

"I was walking down the streets of new York when a guy came up to my brother Hayes. He started to say mean things like "your a viner! You're a faggot." I told him to leave but he laid his hands on me and we fought. He wasn't innocent he started it. The media stretched the truth, I was only protecting Hayes."

"I believe you Nash." I stared at him.

"Life is so tough." He said as he laid back. "When you get back on your feet, it just pushed you back down again." He sighed

"I have no one." He mumbled.

"You have me." I smiled.

He slightly smiled as he played with his fingers then suddenly became serious like he was arguing with himself.

"Why do you all of a sudden care?"

"I've always cared, I just"

"Where were you then?"

"I never had the guts to come up to you." I felt a rush of guilt.

"I just want to know that I can trust you." He stared deeply into my eyes.

"You can." I mumbled.

A few days later

Nash and I have become closer and he now trusts me. I've helped him though some minor things, not major.

I walked out of school and heard a faint cry for help. It sounded like Nash.
I ran closer to the noise only using my hearing. I turned to corner to see a group of guys and Nash. A handful of Nash's shirt was in the guys fists, he hit him rapidly.

"What are you doing?" I yelled attempting to break them apart.

"Stop!" I screamed I felt the anger boil inside of me. He dropped Nash On the ground.

"Who the hell are you yelling at?" The guy spoke.

"Leave him alone" I screamed.

"Whatever." He kicked Nash in the stomach once more, laughed and walked off.

I turned back to look at Nash. He laid on the ground looking so helpless and Weak.

"Nash."

I observed him. Blood dripped from his mouth, a new bruise forming on his cheekbone. That's when I realized, I looked at the rest of his body, old bruises all over.

"Nash we need to talk now." I helped him up, walking him to the car.
-
-
-
"What is this?"

Nash sat on my bathroom counter as I cleaned him up.

He looked away.

"Why didnt you tell me?" My voice raised.

"Why are you yelling."

He was right yelling wouldn't solve anything. "I'm sorry I'm just shocked."
He whined in pain as I dabbed his cut with a wet rag.

"Nash, how often do they do this?"

He wouldn't reply. "Nash!"

"Almost everyday."

I felt anger and sadness boil inside of me. "Everyday?"

"Almost."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I-I don't know." His voice cracked.

I rolled up his sleeves to look at the old bruises and saw something I never wanted to see. I covered my mouth.

"Nash why." I was on the verge of tears
He rolled down his sleeve and stormed out the bathroom.

NASHS POV
I stormed out the bathroom. Why did she see them, I hate myself. She's going to think I'm a freak, she's not going to want to be my friend anymore, then I'll have no one.

BELLAS POV
"Nash!" I called after him. I followed outside.

"Nash please, I want to help." I grabbed his arm, only for him to jerk it away.

"Can't you see that I hate this world? I just want to escape, Bella. I want to leave this world."

He threw his hands up in frustration.

"I'm worthless."

"No Nash, You're worth it, I care about you more than you think."

He let out a deep breath and looked at me, his eyes full of rage and despair.

"Will you stay by my side?" I saw a flash of hope in his eyes.

"I will always." I engulfed him in a hug.

I felt his warm body against mine, I didn't want to let go.