I refuse to be part of another stupid emo jerk love story.... and yet.... Chapter 12

HELLO FANS AND RANDOM READERS!!! haha i'm glad u guys enjoyed the last part and thank u to those of u who voted and the comment all made me smile :).... anyways i hope this chapter is as good as ur hoping it is and as good as i want it to be.... PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ COMMENT AND VOTE!!!!! THX SO MUCH.... now onto the party....

HAYLEN'S POV-

My lips were still tingling two hours after they had touched Roxi's cheek. I couldn't deny that I liked her anymore, not after today. When she asked me to go shopping with her I had told myself to say no. I felt bad for doing this to Max, if he hadn't helped me out then I wouldn't have even met Roxi. I wanted to do the right thing, I really did, but every time I saw her it was getting harder to fight myself. I'd already beat myself up for that kiss.

IT WASN'T A KISS, IT WAS JUST A PECK! ON THE CHEEK! I kept telling myself that, but with the way I felt, it might as well have been a full on make-out session. I shook my head. Maybe I shouldn't even go into this stupid party. All it would bring was more trouble. Trouble I didn't need. Despite my thoughts, I found myself walking up to the open door. I could hear the music all the way down the street so standing next to the house made my head throb. I needed a drink. I walked around to the back of the house where the majority of the party seemed to be. There were little lights strung over everyone's head and the lights in the pool were on all though at 6:45 it wasn't completely dark yet. Everything had that bluish tint to it that let you know the sun had just gone down but the stars had yet to appear. It was my favorite time of the day besides the early hours of the morning.

"Haylen!" I heard someone purr. Unfortunatly, I knew that purr to well. I held back a groan and turned to face Brittney Tallon with a smile.

"Hey, uh, Brittney right?" I knew that would hurt her ego and I had the pleasure of seeing her 'seductive' smile falter.

"Ya, you can call me Brit though." She crept a little closer. I almost rolled my eyes. "I'm glad you came." She reached out a hand and touched my chest. I was about to smack her hand away but I thought of a better idea that wouldn't make me look like an ass.

"Excuse me Brittney, um, where's the bathroom?" Her hand fell but she told me where to go and I wasted no time getting away from her. I didn't go to the bathroom but I did go upstairs to get away from everyone, well mostly everyone. There were a few people walking around but I knew there would be plenty more up here once the drinks started taking their toll.

"Haylen?" I smiled at this voice but I was also cringing. Here comes the trouble. I turned and couldn't control my jaw as it fell to the floor. Roxi was in her swimming suit! It was checkerd black and white with a purple skull and cross bones over her left breast. Her stomach was totally exposed and so was her cleavage and the shorts showed of her perfect legs. "Haylen!" I didn't usually blush considering I was rarely embarrassed by anything, but I was definitely blushing now. I ran my hand through my hair and looked up at her smiling sheepishly.

"Yeah?" She rolled her eyes but I saw her blush too.

"Enjoying this stupid party?" She tossed her hand out from her side. I didn't look away from her, I couldn't actually.

"Uh, sure I guess." I shrugged. She smiled as if she was shy all of a sudden. "Wanna' come swim with me?" I tried focusing on her face, a task that was proving itself difficult.

"Um, yeah. Just let me grab a towel. Do you need one?" She barely waited for my nod before she ran to a door on the left side of the hall. She pulled out two towels, one purple and one blue. She tossed the blue one at me and the wrapped the purple one around her body. I didn't know if that was something I should be happy about. "You coming?"

I realized I was frozen in the same spot I had been in since Roxi first said my name. "Huh?" She smiled a little and then walked over to me and grabbed my hand. We both turned red but she turned away and started pulling me down the stairs. I laced my fingers through hers, smiling at the feeling. She didn't let go until we made it to the pool which only had a few swimmers that luckily seemed sober. We dropped our towels on a lounge chair and I pulled off my dark blue tee and shoes.

"Jump?" She asked smiling bigger than I had ever seen. It made me smile myself. Suddenly she turned bright crimson and she seemed distracted by something. I followed her gaze... to my bare chest. I chuckled and she turned away. Whoops. Note to self: try to stop laughing at Roxi.

"No." I finally answered, getting her to look at me again. She scrunched up her nose a little which made me smile bigger.

"Why not?" I reached out and picked her up which was easy to do because she was completely caught off guard, and despite her rediculous opinion that she was fat, she was very light to me.

"HAYLEN! WHAT THE FUCK TO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?! PUT ME THE FUCK DOWN!" She started screaming in my ear automatically and slapping at my body.

"Prestine girls shouldn't talk so dirty" I laughed.

"WHO THE FUCK IS PRESTINE AROUND HERE?!" She yelled.

"Watch your mouth Sugarplum", I restated.

"FUCK YOU! PUT ME THE FUCK DOWN AND I'LL STOP SAYING FUCK!" I had made it to the edge of the pool and was holding her body over the water. People were starting to watch us but I didn't care. "Haylen, please. Don't please." She was now pulling closer to me and I smiled at her.

"Why not? It's not like you're in clothes or anything." Definitely NOT in clothes.

"Because I don't want to go underwater!" Her voice started getting louder.

"But you just wanted to jump in."

She shook her head. "No, I asked you to jump. I was just going to watch you go alone." She admitted.

"Oh! So you lied?" I smirked pulling her away from my body a little.

"No! I never said I was going to jump! NOW PUT ME BACK ON THE GROUND!" I looked straight into her mismatched eyes and smiled. She breathed out a little sigh.

"Nope!" I let go of her and seconds later there was a big splash. I laughed as she came back up with eyeliner running down her face and her hair flattened.

"YOU. ARE. SUCH. AN. ASSHOLE!!!" She screamed. I felt a little bad but seeing her face was worth it. I threw my head back and laughed, when I looked back she was gone. I felt a tug on my leg and before I had time to look down I was emerged in cold water. I should've been more prepared, I mean this was Roxi. I surfaced and she was in my face, she didn't speak, she only glared. I found that I could stand here but Roxi was shorter than me so I knew she couldn't. I smirked again and wrapped my arm around her waist. I tried to ignore the tingling that went through my entire body at the touch as I pulled her close. Her eyes grew big and she put her hand on my chest to stop me from pulling her to close. Her hands might as well have been jumper cables. I smiled at her blush.

"Am I still an asshole if I say sorry?" She nodded and pushed on my chest but I didn't let her go. Instead I pulled her closer, making her arms bend until they served no purpose. We were extremely close now. I didn't mean to get this close but my body seemed to have a mind over it own and I kept tightening my arm until her chest was pressed against mine. Her face was bright red and I felt mine burn a little as well for no reason in particular. She looked into my eyes and I stared back. I realized our faces were getting closer when I felt her warm, minty breath mix with mine. I started to lean closer and so did she....

Mwahahahahahaha!!! >:) Yes i'm splitting this into two parts! Don't you just hate me? :) Sorry, I didn't plan this but as soon as I got there I thought... Why don't I stop here? Haha.... tell me what you thought and ill upload the next part later... maybe >:) COMMENT VOTE COMMENT VOTE.... Luv ya

-echo-