Thanksgiving

Takes place after Death revealed his true identity. He is living with Joe and Ash.

Thanksgiving break was one of the best things Death's school had ever done. A whole week of no homework and sleeping in. Death had no clue as to why they had a whole week off for one holiday, but Death wasn't going to complain. The day that humans called Thanksgiving was on a Thursday this year. It was about ten o' clock in the morning when Joe woke both Death and Ash.  Joe's oldest son, Ben, was having Thanksgiving this year and they had to be at his house by noon.

"Cain, can you go wake Ash for me? I need to get dressed for Thanksgiving still, and it takes me a bit longer to get dressed," Joe asked once Death was awake.

"Sure Joe. I'll go wake him up and tell him to get dressed," Death responded.

"Thanks Cain," Joe went to leave Death's room but paused in the doorway. "I almost forgot! Make sure both you and Ash wear something nice to Thanksgiving."

Death groaned when he heard this. He remembered dressing nice for Easter and the horrid shirt Joe had made him wear. Once Joe had left Death's room, Death crawled out of bed and walked over to Ash's room. Death knocked twice on the door and then entered. Death had to hold in a laugh when he went in Ash's room. Ash had piled five blankets on himself and was buried underneath them all except for his foot. Bubbles was also in there sleeping on top of the pile of blankets. Death picked a shoe up off the floor and chucked it at what Death thought was Ash's head.

"Wake up!" Death shouted as the shoe hit Ash. He groaned under the covers and blinked his tired eyes at Death.

"Why must you disturb my hibernation? I told all of you I was sleeping until spring. Now, leave me alone," Ash grumbled.

"Well, we have another human holiday to attend and you have to come," Death ordered. Ash turned away from Death. Death rolled his dark eyes and grabbed Ash's other shoe and chucked it at him once more.

"Stop throwing my shoes at me!" Ash yelled.

"I will once you're out of bed," Death stated. Ash muttered and sat on the edge of his bed. He looked at Death with a venomous glare.

"I hate you," Ash told Death.

"Good for you. Now, get dressed. Joe told me that we have to wear nicer clothes for this holiday. Don't worry though, I have a shirt you can wear," Death told him.

"Okay," Ash responded. Death left Ash's room and retrieved the horrible peach colored shirt and went back to Ash's room. He threw the shirt at Ash's face.

"I'm not wearing this! It's horrible!" Ash screeched at Death while he flailed the shirt in his hand.

"Joe picked it out for you. Are you trying to hurt Joe's feelings Ash?" Death asked.

"Fine, I'll wear the shirt,"

"That's what I thought,"

Death shut Ash's door behind me and went to get the other shirt Joe had given to Death to give to Ash for Thanksgiving. This shirt was much better. It was a dark maroon color and Death preferred that over the peach color. Death quickly dressed and went to the living room to wait for Joe and Ash. It was maybe ten minutes later that Ash came into the living room with a look of disgust on his face.

"I hate this color," Ash complained. Death shrugged his shoulders at Ash. Joe came out from his room shortly after Ash and all three of them climbed into Joe's beat up truck and made the hour drive to Ben's house. Upon arrival, Death thought that Ben's house looked small. He wasn't quite sure how everyone was going to fit in the house. Death had learned to not underestimate this family though. They climbed out the truck and knocked on the front door. Carol opened the door and greeted them with a warm smile.