Chapter 4

The next morning Death woke up to hear someone humming. Death opened his eyes and peered around his shoulder. Love was already awake and getting ready to leave. Death turned away from Love and tried to go back asleep.

"I know you're awake Death," Love sang. Death grunted in response. He shifted in his chair and put on his gloves. He uncurled his list and looked at the time of his first name. It was at one o'clock.

"Why are you up so early? She isn't due to die until one o'clock," Death asked.

"Well on my list she is due to fall in love at noon. So, I apologize for the inconvenience of you having to leave before you wanted to," Love stated. Death groaned and threw on his leather jacket. Love scrunched her nose in disgust upon seeing his jacket.

"Why do you have a white jacket? That was very unwise of you to get a white jacket with what you do," Love said.

"I wanted to get white. I want them to see the blood. I want them to show fear," Death said. Love rolled her eyes at him.

"Only you would want that," Love said. Death smiled at her comment and grabbed his bag and bottles. Love grabbed her stuff and they left. Both Powers made their way to Earth. Once they arrived, they stopped and perched on the roof of the house next to Arabella's.

"Such a beautiful home. What do you think?" Love asked turning to him. Death rolled his eyes.

"I have no opinion. The only reason I'm here is to collect her soul and move on," Death answered, unrolling his list. Arabella Jules. Death blinked. That's it! There were no details on how she died. There was nothing but her name and time of death. Death began to rapidly roll and unroll the list. Trying to make it change. Love looked at him oddly.

"What are you doing?" Love asked.

"This isn't right! What does your list say about her?" Death stated.

"Why does it matter? I'm not here for the reason you are! Our lists are completely different!" Death groaned in frustration and stuffed the list in his bag.

"It's noon," Death mumbled. Love nodded and got out her bow. It was a sleek bow made from cherrywood. Gold decorations covered the sides of the bow. Love pulled back the arrow and released it. The arrow flew through her window and missed. Death burst out laughing at Love.

"You missed!" Death laughed. Love pointed the bow and arrow at him and he looked at her oddly.

"Unless you want an arrow in you I suggest you stop laughing," Love hissed. Death began to laugh once more at her attempt of a threat.

"I'm not too worried about an arrow going through me. Besides, you'll probably miss me," Death said as he continued to laugh. Love put away her arrows and read her list once more.

"This doesn't make sense. I never miss," Love said. Death rolled his eyes at the Power.

"Well, while you're trying to figure out why you missed I'm going to go and get a soul," Death stated.

"It's not one o'clock yet," Love said. Death shrugged his shoulders and jumped from the roof to a neighboring tree. He jumped to the window and crawled in. It wasn't two seconds after Death had entered Arabella's room that he got something thrown at him.

"Get out!" Arabella shrieked at him. He picked up the pillow she had thrown at him. He looked at her with the pillow in hand.

"What were you trying to accomplish?"

"Get out of my room," Death rolled his eyes and sat the pillow on a nearby dresser.

"Suicide then. How nice," Death mumbled.