Chapter 6

It took Time the rest of the evening and early into the next morning to finish Death's transformation. Death didn't have the slightest clue as to what he looked like. Time hadn't let Death see in the mirror at all. He was forced to sit in a chair and be patient. Death started to doze off in his seat while he was waiting for Time to retrieve a mirror. Time smacked Death awake and he looked at the light Power with the meanest look he could muster in his sleepy state.

"Take a look. Tell me what you think of yourself," Time said handing him the mirror. Death took the mirror and looked at his reflection. Death blinked rapidly at the mirror. That couldn't be him. The face he was looking at was a stranger's.

"Well?" Time asked. Death looked up at Time. He was surprised that Time had done such a good job at his transformation. He half expected Time to make him look like a clown or some kind of freak, but he didn't.

"I can't believe this is me," Death said in awe still looking in the mirror. Time had kept Death's hair the same dark and shaggy hairstyle that he knew so well. His skin had the lightest color to it and it looked like he had seen the sun just the slightest bit. His eyes were a dark brown color, but they had tints of green reflected in them.

"I couldn't cover up the scars, and your black hands are gone so you don't have to worry about wearing gloves," Time stated.

"My powers are gone Time. I'm human remember. I can't kill anyone or anything," Death responded. Death looked down at his hands. They seemed so foreign to him now. The black hands he had known so well were gone. Scars still snaked up his arms and disappeared under his shirt. Death noticed that he had a crow on his upper bicep though. Death cocked his head while looking at the bird. That wasn't there before.

"As you can see I added a few tattoos. Just so you remember where you came from," Time said.

"So, you put a crow on me?" Death asked. Time chuckled at the dark Power.

"Yes, I put a crow on you. I also added a skull to your shoulder blade and a pocket watch on your right side," Time responded. Death lifted up his shirt and sure enough there was a lifelike silver pocket watch on his side. Death tried to read what it said, but he couldn't really read upside down.

"It says that Time waits for nobody," Time explained. Death smiled at this and put his shirt back down.

"How kind of you Time. Now if we are done here I have to go down to Earth," Death stated.

"Just letting you know it will be early morning when you get down there," Time stated. Death nodded his head. He already knew it would be early morning. Time gave Death his jacket and walked him to his front door.

"Don't hover over me too much Time. You wouldn't want me to think that you actually cared about me," Death grinned. Time rolled his eyes at Death.

"I don't care. I just wanted to watch you and make sure you didn't take anything of mine," Time corrected him. Death scoffed at Time.

"I hope you came up with a name for yourself," Time muttered.

"Yes, in fact I did. I am going to go by the name Cain," Death said.

"Of course you are," Time answered.

"What? Do you not like it?"

"You named yourself after the first murderer Earth knew. Of course I don't like your new name," Death laughed at Time and his words. He walked out of Time's house and waved over his shoulder.

"Thanks for your help Time!" Death shouted. Death didn't see if Time waved back to him, and Death didn't see Time smiling and waving back at the teenager that was walking away from his home. Death made it to the center of the realms. He took a deep breath and plunged into the abyss. Death landed hard on the ground. He looked around and saw he was on a very high hill in the middle of nowhere. A sign was in front of him. Death dusted himself off and walked in front of the sign.