Halloween

Takes place after Death revealed is true identity. He is living with Joe and Ash.

Around 6 o'clock in the morning Death woke from his slumber and left his bedroom to wake Ash that was across from his room. Death knew that if they weren't awake at 6:15 Joe would have a bucket of ice cold water ready to be dumped on the one who was still asleep. Death opened Ash's door and shook him awake.

"Go away," Ash growled from under the mound of blankets he had piled on himself. Death rolled his eyes and shook him once more.

"Do you not understand the words go and away?" Ash says.

"Do you understand the words ice, water, and bucket? Because if you don't then you will learn what they mean when you aren't out of bed when Joe wakes you up," Death responded in a curt tone. Ash groaned and hid under his pillow.

"Fine, I'm getting up," Death smiled and left the room, shutting the door behind him. Death walked out into the kitchen and saw that breakfast was already ready. Death looked around and saw that Joe was sitting in his chair eating his breakfast. Death piled his plate with food and walked into the living room and sat on the couch.

"Morning Cain. Ash up yet?" Joe asked curiously.

"Yea, he's getting dressed," Death responded. The two went back to eating their breakfast. Fifteen minutes had passed by and Ash still hadn't came into the living room. Joe furrowed his eyebrows and got up from his chair. He walked into the kitchen and came back with a bucket filled to the brim with water and ice cubes.

"Joe?" Death stated as he watched Joe carry the bucket to the bedrooms. Death followed him to the Ash's room. Joe set the bucket down and opened the door. Death had to bite his tongue so he didn't yell at Ash. He had gone back to his room and fallen asleep... again. Joe heaved the bucket off the floor and went to Ash's bedside. He shook his head and tilted the bucket. Ice and water poured out and Ash woke with a startled yelp.

"Cold!" He yelled.

"Rise and shine!" Joe hollered with a laugh in his voice. Ash grumbled something incoherent and Joe left his room. Ash glared at Death who was keeled over laughing in the doorframe.

"You could've woke me up again. There was no need to tell him I went back to sleep," Ash told him. Death stood straight and looked at Ash.
"I didn't tell him anything. He gave you fifteen minutes to get out there and you never came. So,  he took matters into his own hands," Death explained. Ash began to grumble and he slammed the door in Death's face.

"The bus will be here shortly so get dressed!" Death yelled. He walked off and went to wait for the bus in the living room. Ash was dressed and ready to go ten minutes later. His teeth were still chattering when he came in the living room.

"Bus!" Joe yelled from the kitchen. Death and Ash grabbed their backpacks that were by the door and took off down the drive. The bus driver opened the doors and waited for the two boys to get on.

"Looks like Ash won today," she told them. Ash smiled victoriously and Death stepped in front of him to find a seat. Death sat next to Adrian and Ash took the empty seat across from them.

"Adrian what are you wearing?" Death asked his friend. Adrian had a black cape on and fake white fangs stuck out of his mouth.

"It's a costume. I'm a vampire," Adrian explained. Death and Ash looked at him oddly.

"Why do you have a costume on?" Ash asked.

"It's Halloween. You're supposed to dress up for Halloween," Ash and Death looked at one another oddly. It must be another mortal holiday. Naturally, the two dark Powers had no clue what this holiday was but Death remembered Easter and figured it couldn't be that bad. The bus stopped at Dante's house and Dante sat down next to Ash. Death blinked multiple times before he opened his mouth to say anything about his friend's costume.