First Meeting

This is the first meeting that Death met the other Powers besides Devil. So, that would be Time, Love, Life, and Angel.

It had been exactly one week since Death had started his new job as a Power. He was very happy with his new life but he kept getting visions of fire and the smell of something burning haunted his dreams. He was told there was a meeting for Powers and he was supposed to attend. Death threw on his leather jacket and began making his way to the meeting place. Devil told him it was in the center of the domains and he couldn't miss it. Well... he did. Death managed to get to every other domain before finding the correct one. He walked inside and began to walk around the castle. Where did he say everyone would be? Death began to walk around the place while he looked at a mural of what looked like all of the Powers. At the end he saw that Death had been just recently added on. He could tell because the paint wasn't faded like the rest. It was an image of him. He was sitting on a tombstone with a smirk on his face. His black hair was shaggy and almost covered his pitch black eyes. A raven had perched on his shoulder and a large cloak hung on the other. Black paint was the background around him and white ravens flew around him.

"You must be Death," a voice rasped behind him. He spun around and saw a fat man waddling toward him. A silver pocket watch hung off his black vest. He had a monocle that looked like it was cracked just the slightest. The man was going bald but the hair that remained was a salt and pepper color.

"Yea I'm Death. Who are you?" he asked.

"I'm the Power Time," he stated.

"Well if you're a Power you must be going to the meeting right?"

"Yes, I am going there and you should be to,"

Time waddled past him. His leather shoes squeaking all the way down the hall. Death trailed behind him. He saw a chain hanging on Time's pant loop and a shiny pocket watch hanging from it. Death grabbed it and examined the watch. It was very pretty. Death stuck it in his pocket and followed Time to the meeting. Surely he wouldn't notice that it was missing. The two Powers walked into a large room. Sitting around the table were all the Powers. Death only recognized Devil though. At one head of the table was what looked like an angel. She had light white, blonde hair and crystal blue eyes. She also had pure white angel wings. Sitting on her left was a boy who looked like he was around Death's age. He had white hair and grey eyes. On the other side of him was a girl with straight umber hair with beautiful green eyes. Time sat on the boy's left side and began to clean his monocle.

"Would you care to join us Death?" Devil asked motioning to the empty seat next to Devil. Death walked over to the chair and sat down. All the other Powers were looking at him oddly.

"Everyone, this is Death. He will be working for me," Devil said with a grin.

"Another one Devil?" asked the one with wings.

"Wonder how long he's going to last," Time mumbled to himself.

"I can hear you all. You do know that right?" Death questioned them. The one with wings cleared her throat and smiled kindly at Death.

"My apologies. I am Angel. I am the leader of the Light Powers, like Devil is leader of the Dark Powers,"

Angel motioned to the boy with her hand. Signaling for him to introduce himself.

"I'm Life. You're opposite. While you take souls I create new ones," Life said.

"I'm Love, I don't think you need an explanation as to what my job entails," Love explained.

"You already know me. I control time and I create and destroy the watches that symbolize a life on Earth," Time stated.

"It's nice to meet you all. I'm Death. I take souls after they die, and if I have to I do speed the dying process up a little bit," he stated.

"Well, now that we have all been introduced, shall we begin this meeting?" Angel asked. Death had a feeling though that it was more of an order than a request. Everyone nodded and Angel smiled. She began to recite what was apparently called 'The Law of Powers', but Death wasn't listening. Angel then sat back down in her seat and placed a beautiful book on the large oak table.

"This is the Book of Lives. It holds all the lives that have ever been on Earth," Angel explained. Next, Devil dropped a worn, evil looking book on the table with a harsh bang. The Powers all flinched except for Death and Devil. Death didn't scare very easily anymore.

"This is the Book of Souls. It holds every life that has died on Earth," Devil stated. Then Love placed a old bow and arrow on the table.

"This is Cupid's bow, and I would like to announce to everyone that it still works," she said in a slightly louder tone than usual. She smiled at Death and he felt his cheeks get warm as he tried to look away. Life rolled his eyes at this and laid out a tidy white list.
"This is my list of lives that I will give in one day. It is also known as Life's List," Life stated. He looked at Death for quite some time before he asked.

"Where's your List?" Life hissed. "You're supposed to present it at every meeting,"

"Oh, it's right here," he responded pulling the List out of his jacket pocket. It wasn't as clean and tidy as Life's. His was crumpled and covered in blood. There were also scribbles next to names and the paper looked yellow. Life scrunched his nose in disgust. Time searched his pockets and his face became more red as he searched.

"Where is it?" he heard Time mumble to himself.

"Time, where is the Infinity Watch?" Angel asked in a kind tone. Time looked at her bug-eyed.

"I have it, but I can't find it at the moment," Time responded. Death took out the watch he had took from Time in the hall and looked at it more closely. It was a beautiful pocket watch with an infinity sign etched in the back of it. Death quietly laid it on the table and Time looked at it.

"You took it from me? How dare you!" Time yelled.

"I didn't know what it was. I just wanted to look at it, and by the look of it you have plenty of watches," Death responded.

"This is a relic for Powers. If it gets destroyed then this whole place will become unbalanced," Time told him.

"I didn't know. How was I supposed to know? No one told me," Death said trying to defend himself.

"Well, how about instead of stealing from another Power you keep your hands to yourself and not take things that aren't your's," Time ordered.

"Whatever,"

Time's curlicued mustached curled tighter. His face was beet red and Death thought that he looked like a pufferfish that had too much air blown into it. He cleaned off the Infinity Watch and laid it with the other relics on the table.

"Can we start this meeting now?" Angel inquired looking at Time and Death questioningly.

"Go ahead," Time said through gritted teeth. Death didn't really pay attention to what the others were saying. Neither was Time. Both Powers were glaring at one another. This would be the beginning of their rivalry. At the end of the meeting the Powers all slowly cleared out. As Time walked out of the room Death nicked a different watch from Time and stuffed it in his pocket. Time didn't notice he was missing a watch. Death smiled and watched him leave the castle. Good game Time, but it's not over yet. Death thought to himself.

From that point on Death began to steal a watch from Time every time he returned one. Death liked to see Time get angry and yell empty threats at Death. It gave him something to laugh at. Time enjoyed Death's pranks though. It made him feel young again every time he had to hunt Death down to get his watch back. Neither of them would ever tell the other that they never meant the harsh words they threw at one another, and that they actually enjoyed one another's company. Time would watch over Death like a father would his son, but Death would never know. In return, Death became the son Time always wanted and eventually the two would work together and the feud would end.

A/N
Bonus chapter number two.... Done. It feels like I'm going backwards in the story by writing the very beginning. Thank you for reading! Please vote and comment! Image above is Angel's castle where all the Powers have their meetings.

-Dragon 🐉