Chapter 3

Crows cawing woke Death the next morning. Death opened his eyes and looked at his crows. What is the matter with them? The sound of the door banging caused Death to slightly flinch. No one ever visits him or his boss. Death slowly got to his feet and opened the door. There on the other side stood Time and Life. Death pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed. This oughta be good.

"Hello Time, Life," he nodded to both of them. Time stomped into his home and he ignored the crows squawking angrily. Death looked at the fat man searching through his things. He looked back at Life who continued to stand in the doorway and watch Time.

"Is there a reason why you both are here interrupting my sleep?" Death hissed.

"Time claims that you have stolen another watch from him. I'm simply tagging along. My first life isn't until noon so I have plenty of time," Life replied in a higher class tone. Death looked back at Time and stepped away from the door. Life didn't enter though.

"I would prefer to stay out here. I'm better off out here with the souls than in there with you," Life stated.

"Suit yourself," Death stated. He slammed the door shut and directed his attention to Time.

"So, whatcha looking for?" Death asked, even though he already knew. Time spun around and pointed an accusing finger at Death. He stalked towards him. His leather shoes making the most annoying squeaking noise in the world.

"You took it again! You stole my golden pocket watch from me! Do you have any idea what could happen if just one of my clocks go out of sync with the rest?" Time asked, pointing at Death.

"Obviously nothing since I've broken so many," Death scoffed moving Time's finger out of his personal bubble. Time took out a kerchief and began to clean the finger that Death had touched. Mumbling while he did this task.

"I don't understand your gibberish when your mumbling fat man," Death said angrily. Time scoffed at the younger Power's behavior.

"But, I can fix a broken watch. It's the ones that get the time shifted and don't get corrected," Time stated.

"Is that a fancy way of saying frozen?"

"Yes! If one of my clocks freeze for even a second things don't work properly and the consequences are unimaginable!"

"Well, you better not freeze any of your clocks then," Time let out a growl and stalked towards Death.

"You listen to me! I know you froze one of my clocks and I want it back! There is still a chance that I can fix it if it hasn't been frozen for a long time. I just need you to hand it over to me!" Time shouted. Death began to cackle at Time's antics. His crows cawed with him.

"You think this is funny!? Do you have any idea what could happen to the both of us if Angel and Devil find out that time isn't perfect?" Time bellowed. Death stopped his cackling and wiped a fake tear from his eye. He took the watch out of his pocket and thrust it into the man's hands.

"There Time, there is your stupid watch. Now, if that's all you needed please leave," Death asked politely. Time walked over to Death's door. Before Time left he looked back at Death.

"I would watch where you step Death. You have to remember who runs this place, because it's not you. Devil can kick you out and turn you human at any time. So, if I was you I would be the best Death that Devil has ever seen" Time suggested. He shut the door behind him. Death scoffed at Time's words. What does he know? Besides, why would he listen to someone who can't even keep track of all his belongings? Death looked down at the new watch he had took from Time. It was a sterling silver pocket watch with a bronze chain. It had two angel wings on the back forever frozen in an outstretched position. Death smiled at his new possession. He put it in his pocket, grabbed his things and began a new day of soul collecting.