Becoming Death

This is how Death became Death and who he was before he got his Powers. It also shows how he became Death.

It was a dark night. The stars shined brilliantly in the sky and the trees swayed in the wind. It was the first time that Alex had seen the woods peaceful. He use to be out in the woods until daybreak, but recently there had been strange occurrences going on out there. Whenever he would go out there the wind would whistle harshly. Animals would hide in their homes, and a dark figure would trail his footsteps. He had never caught the strange figure that followed him, but that would change tonight. His parents had just went to bed and Alex opened his window. He grabbed his flashlight, water bottle, and pocket knife. He climbed out of the window and on the roof. He jumped down from the roof and stumbled. Alex got up and dusted himself off and looked back at the bedroom window. It wasn't a very tall jump. Only ten feet but it still made his feet hurt from landing so hard. Alex raced into the woods and stood at the entrance.

"Okay Alex, let's do this," he whispered to himself. He turned on his flashlight and walked into the woods. The wind began to howl but he carried on. A rabbit bounded across his path and disappeared into the night. A saw the dark figure and turned his beam of light on it. Alex jumped and dropped his flashlight in surprise.

"I thought you were going to be brave Alex. Don't tell me you're afraid," the figure said. It cackled menacingly and came into the flashlight's light. The figure in front of him was easily almost seven foot tall. Red eyes looked down at him. He could see black horns growing from his head. His nails were pitch black and as long as small blades, probably as sharp as blades too.

"W-who are you?" Alex stuttered.

"Don't tell me you don't know," the man said. Alex gulped and shook his head. He had a good idea about who he was but there was no way that the Devil was standing in front of him.

"Let me answer your own question then Alex. I am Devil," he said. A cheshire grin came to his face as he stared at Alex.

"Why are you here, and how do you know my name?" Alex said. He didn't know why but he seemed to be regaining his bravery. Alex got up and dusted himself off. He grabbed his pocket knife and pointed at Devil.

"No need for weapons. I am simply here to observe you and see if you are meant to be my apprentice," Devil stated.

"What?" Alex said. Devil rolled his eyes and looked back at Alex.

"Just pretend I'm not here. Go home," Devil ordered. Alex nodded his head. He didn't have to be told twice. He took off for home. Once he made it to his backyard he climbed the trellis and went back through his window, shutting it behind him.

"Why is he watching me?" Alex said looking out toward the woods. He laid on his bed and stared at the ceiling. Alex eventually fell asleep. It felt like Alex had only been asleep for twenty minutes when his twin siblings shook him awake. Luka and Fay were his younger siblings. They were six... no seven. Were they six? No, they were seven. Alex inwardly fought about this for a few seconds before deciding they were five.

"Wake up Al. You have to get ready for school!" They both shrieked at him. He attempted to swat them away but unfortunately it didn't work.

"Al, let's go!" He heard his dad yell down the stairs. Alex jumped up in a second and shooed his siblings out. He threw on a fresh set of clothes. Black jeans and a blue rock n' roll shirt. He ran his fingers through his messy black hair and threw on his jacket. Alex went to the bathroom door and banged on. Grace was still in there and he needed to go to the bathroom.

"Grace hurry up!" he shouted at her.

"Go outside!" she shouted back. He growled and walked away. One bathroom for a family of six was not working.