You Can't Cure an Idiot

Happy holidays! Sorry for this late update, but this semester has been pretty stacked with readings, essays, and exams... and I updated this on FFN over Thanksgiving break and completely forgot about my wattpad fam /pls hit me I deserve it.

Enjoy!! 

-----

"Honestly, I'm surprised. I didn't think you'd be the first to score against me in this tournament."

"Really? In that case, I hope you'll be careful in the future."

.

thirty-nine

you can't cure an idiot

.

BEEEEEP!

The arena was in awe at how much Seirin managed to catch up to Yosen in the second quarter. They left the hopeful score of 29-17 for the second half of the match. Ichirou let out a breath he subconsciously was keeping in for his little sister's team.

"They narrowly made it," he remarked as his dark maroon eyes trailed behind the teams heading for their locker rooms for the break. "These kids sure ain't easy to be able to break down Yosen's defense."

"Well, this isn't all Atsu-chan has either," Keiko defended for the opposing team while following his gaze. "I may not know much about basketball, but I do know my brother's strength. He and his partner are both Yosen's aces; there's more to them than meets the eye."

His eyes landed on the No. 12 of Yosen. Himuro Tatsuya was a polite and composed guy, someone who Ichirou didn't think would get along with the demanding, childish giant. Their skill sets didn't seem to compare either from their performance in the first half; compared to Murasakibara, Himuro wasn't very eye-catching at first.

But you're not wrong, Ichirou silently agreed with the older Murasakibara. If what he saw during the summer tournament was any indication, he knows Himuro still had tricks up his sleeve. "The worst is still coming," he leaned back in his chair with thought.

"That No. 11 though... I didn't think I noticed him on the court before," Keiko switched her focus. "But his disappearing shot was shocking and he was even able to blow past Atsu-chan twice. That's amazing!"

It took me a second to notice him too... Ichirou admitted. I wasn't able to take my eyes off after his shot, though. That shorty is pretty amazing.

"I wonder why he only revealed it in the second quarter. Wouldn't Seirin want to utilize his disappearing shots as often as possible?"

"No... Well, that might seem obvious to a basketball amateur," he held in a snort before growing more serious. "But in any sport, it isn't good to rely on one player for too long because it would only make them fall short and run out of steam. No. 11 is an unique player with special sets of skills, so the conditions especially goes for him. What Seirin needs to do is conserve that energy, and benching him in the third quarter will be the wisest thing to do."

At his thorough explanation, Keiko hummed as she twirled a lock of purple hair behind her ears with thought. She was impressed. "If that's really the case, then the next quarter will be interesting."

"Yeah," Ichirou nodded.

Both teams were far from easy to predict, but one thing was for sure: the real battle has just begun.

-----

Back in the locker room, Seirin was planning out their next moves against Yosen. They had to have an alternate game plan because they can't use Kuroko against the opposing team carelessly.