In Sickness and In Health

Sorry for the late update! The month of November has been crazy for me. Two of my classes has 3 "midterms", so every other week starting from October had been test weeks. Next Wednesday is my last math midterm... But since I'm home for break, I thought I'd whip this out! Hope y'all will enjoy :D

P.S. Thank you for all of the reviews, too! I didn't have time to answer them when I received them throughout the month, but I did read all of them and it filled me with happiness.

-----

Saturday morning quickly approached after Seirin's hot springs getaway night. As Hyuuga and the others gathered at the entrance of the inn to make a quick member check, Kuroko and Tomoko showed up.

"Excuse me..." the blue haired boy started.

"...Taiga-chan's been missing since this morning," the caramel haired manager finished.

"What ridiculous bedheads!" Hyuuga exclaimed as he turned around.

Kuroko and Tomoko blinked and looked at one another, then they simultaneously reached across and tried to pat down each other's hair. Hyuuga and the others watched with mild fascination at the synchronism.

"Eh..." Tsuchida was the first one to speak up. "You said Kagami's missing?"

"That's fine," Riko piped from behind them. They all turned around to the coach. "Starting today, we'll be practicing without Kagami-kun for a while. I'll explain later," she said before nodding at Tomoko. "Okuma-chan, do you want us to walk you to the train station?"

Tomoko shook her head, "No worries!"

"Train station? Aren't we heading home?" Hyuuga wondered. He didn't like the questionably happy expression the brunette coach had. That can only mean one thing...!

"Okuma-chan's heading to Akita this weekend, and as for you guys..."

True to the twisting feeling in his stomach—it was usually a good indicator that they were all in for a hard time—Riko pointed to the building across from the inn that looked suspiciously like a gym.

"Our training camp starts now~"

-----

Ichirou stretched his limbs and looked out the window of his apartment. Though warm sunlight was pouring in, it was already chilly in Akita. He let out a satisfying yawn and went to the bathroom.

I don't have to work today...

He stared at his reflection as he brushed his teeth.

I'm passing all of my classes at University...

He took a sip of water to rinse his mouth.

Oh, and Tomoko's visiting!

With a happy nod, Ichirou finished his morning routine and headed towards the small living room. Since the younger Okuma always made delicious treats and occasional dinners for the two of them whenever she visited, he had stocked up on ingredients the day before. Now, he just needed to plan how to spend the day.

"Today's a good day," he hummed, but then he felt a chill run up his spine. Thinking it was because of the cold, he headed back to his room to grab a jacket. "Maybe we should roast some sweet potato today..."

As he came back out, there was a heavy knock on the door.

"I thought I told Tomoko to wait for me at the station," he wondered out loud, heading to open his door with an excited grin. "Oh, well! Imouto-chan—"

Ichirou nearly freaked when he saw the purple haired giant standing at the door instead of his precious little sister, wearing what he assumed was the giant's sleepwear—a thin long sleeved shirt, sweatpants, and for god's sakes the boy was still wearing his indoor slippers! There was a purple scarf wrapped around the giant's neck, so Ichirou could only see pink-tinged cheeks and tired violet eyes staring down at him.