I Won't Let You

Hello readers! Sorry for this late install, I've been really busy witl college! Hope you guys enjoy reading this because I enjoyed writing this a lot. :)

-----

"Hey, Kagami! Okuma-chan! Over here!"

Koganei was the first one to spot them as they entered into the audience section right before the game started between Kaijo and Fukuda Sogo. He waved energetically and beckoned them over.

"Welcome back," Kuroko greeted as Tomoko took a seat next to him with Kagami following behind. The redhead had a sort of somber look marring his face and he thought that maybe the conversation didn't go too well with Himuro. However, Tomoko did, too. "Did something happen?"

"Kuroko," Kagami addressed seriously. "Do you know a guy named Haizaki?"

Sapphire eyes widened slightly.

"Why do you know that name?"

"We just met him," Tomoko answered. Down at the court, Kise was running towards his team and taking off his jacket and sweatpants. "He said he used to be a starter for Teiko... And he's on the team facing off Kise-kun tonight."

At the shadow's silence, the rest of the team knew it wasn't a good sign. Whoever this Haizaki person is, he must be trouble. Koganei watched the expression on Kuroko's face warily. "Kuroko, what do you think?"

"Haizaki-kun was selfish and out of control, but it's true he was a starter. He's definitely strong," his voice was taut as he explained. Tomoko regarded this silently before speaking up again.

"Tetsuya-kun, he also said he's taken many things from Kise-kun before. What does he mean by that?"

Kuroko's eyes traveled towards Haizaki below. He hadn't seen the male in two years, ever since he quit the basketball team. But even for the short time that he's known Haizaki, it was evident that some things never change.

-----

Teiko Middle School, two years ago.

"Got your meatball."

Kuroko looked up just in time to see the then silver haired Haizaki steal some food off his lunch plate. Aomine, sitting just across from Kuroko, narrowed his eyes as the male dropped the saucy protein into his mouth.

"Damn it, Haizaki. If you're hungry, ask for extra or get another helping," he reprimanded for his blue haired friend. "Quit taking people's stuff!"

"I don't mind," Kuroko said to try and smooth over the situation. Haizaki snorted at the navy haired male while he chewed.

"Who cares? You eat people's stuff all the time."

"I only do it when I'm hungry!"

"That's the same thing, Aomine," Midorima replied. "Also, don't chew so noisily, Haizaki. It's low class." Ignoring the scoff from the silver haired male, he then glanced at Murasakibara across the table. The giant was scarfing down his large bowl of rice haphazardly.

"You should learn to hold your chopsticks properly, Murasakibara."

"What?" Murasakibara whined as he pouted at Haizaki. "I'm getting caught in your crossfire, Zaki-chin."

"Oh. Your fried chicken looks good, too. I want it—"

A demonic aura surrounded the giant as he hovered his arms over his tray of food. Violet eyes flashed dangerously. "Take a single pickle, and I'll crush you. Get your own food if you're hungry."

"Man, shut up. I'm always telling you it's not because I'm hungry," Haizaki smirked as his tongue flicked out across his thumb. "Food always looks so good when someone else is eating it."