Happy-Go-Lucky

CHECK OUT THE FANART MADE BY MIRIKON (FROM DEVIANTART) ON THE COVER!

-----

"I'm sorry, because of the unexpectedly high-paced play, my effectiveness is already wearing off."

"Wh-What?!"

.

four

happy-go-lucky

.

"Why don't you acknowledge it already? You're years away from challenging the Generation of Miracles."

Tomoko stopped shaking her white pompoms in midair (yes, she was taking her job as a team manager and supporter very seriously) and tried to listen to what the blonde and Kagami was talking about during the foul.

The score gap between Kaijo and Seirin was getting bigger, and Seirin seems to be slowing down. Her team was trying, though. Gods were they trying.

"—No matter what you throw at me, with one look, I'll return it twice as good."

It was true, whatever Kagami tried to do, any moves or plays he tried to make, Kise Ryouta copied and even enhanced it. It was a rough match against the miracle, not to mention that the team also had to rely less on Kuroko because of how much the intensity of the game was taking a toll on his body by forcing him to use his misdirection so frequently.

However, Tomoko just knew that someone as good as Kise had to have a weak spot—she just needed for the team to find the Achilles heel.

"It's been a while since anyone's said that to me," Kagami laughed, I heard it all the time over there."

"Over there?" Kise asked, then gasped in amazement when the redhead revealed that he had lived in America for some time.

"I thought I jumped the gun coming back here to play... Hearing you say that is encouraging, really. Life is all about challenges, there's no point in living if there's no one strong to play," Kagami tightened his fist and smirked, "It's better if I can't win!"

Tomoko grinned at his statement; she too was not willing to give up on her team yet, no matter how strong the other team was. One mountain couldn't fit two tigers, and she fully believed that Kagami will be the tiger that prevails. Tiger? Wait...!

"And besides..."

"I gotta write this down for the future!" she suddenly said aloud, startling both Riko and the players on the court.

"H-Huh?" they questioned in unison as the caramel haired girl dug around her bag. It looked like she couldn't find whatever she was looking for, because then she hopped to the side to continued searching in one of their gym bags. "Okuma-chan...?"

Tomoko poked her head up for a second and called across the court. "Izuki-senpai! I'm going to borrow your notepad to write down this amazing pun~" The eagle eye point guard blinked a few times before nodding enthusiastically.

"Ou! Have pun!"

The seriousness of the court dissipated momentary as they all sweat dropped to the duo's obsession with puns kicking off in full gear. Seriously, if the Seirin team didn't know better, they would think that the girl was Izuki Shun's long-lost sister.

And, What an odd team, Kaijo thought in unison.

"A-Anyway!" The perky team manager only waved back innocently as Kagami shot a small glare towards her way for interrupting what he was going to say. "I know your weakness now, Kise," he declared.