Kaijo, Meet Your Match!

The day of Seirin's practice match with Kaijo came fast with everyone's anticipation. The team, all pumped up and ready, were well on their way to Kanagawa to face one of the famed Generation of Miracles.

Not to mention that the Kaijo basketball team itself was on a national level—Seirin was going to have a challenging time, but that was what they trained so hard for these few days.

"Wow, look guys, I'm shaking in excitement!" Koganei said, turning to his team mates to show his point, but his cat-like grin showed a pinch of nervousness.

"Koganei-kun, I think you're shaking in fear," Kuroko commented out of nowhere, earning a loud 'eeeep!' from Riko and startled gasps from the rest of the guys.

Kagami, who barely had any sleep last night from the tension and eager building up to meet Kise Ryouta again, took the scare harder than anyone else. His eyes ticked, "Oi, I need to put a damn bell on you," his large hand came down on the blue haired boy's head.

"I wouldn't like that, Kagami-kun."

"Then stop sneaking on people all the time!"

"But I've been here the entire time. You just didn't notice me."

"You're hard to notice!"

A headache was starting to form in Riko's head by merely watching the two argue back and forth—or more like Kagami yelling unnecessarily loud and Kuroko giving blank stares and even blanker responses that gets the redhead more riled up.

The rest of the team could feel the dark aura serpentine around their coach in a menacing manner, and they smartly inched a few steps back.

And Kagami looks like he hasn't slept in days... that baka. He better give a good performance today.

"Quiet, idiots!" she bellowed with authority. It successfully got the impulsive redhead to shut his mouth, and with the speedy cooperation she seemed to mellow out immediately. "Alright guys, we're heading to Kaijo now! Is everybody here?"

There were a few head-nods before Mitobe hastily signalled something.

"Eh? Okuma-chan disappeared!"

Riko whipped her head left and right to see that the perky team manager was indeed not present. She should have figured—there would've been even more chatter if the salmon eyed girl was here. "Where is she?" she demanded, though her voice was laced with worry.

"Okuma-san said that she will catch up to us in a little bit." Kuroko held his phone up for all to see. It was a text message from Tomoko stating that she will be at Kaijo by the time the game starts since she had to take care of something else right now.

"Ah, that girl..." Riko sighed in relief. Her ears perked suddenly as she shot a glare at the guys who were not-too-silently complaining in envy about how Kuroko was able to get a cute girl's number. "Get yourselves together, idiots! Kaijo won't disappoint us so we have to do our best!"

"Sir yes sir!" the team chorused with some intimidation from the coach. They even threw in a hand-salute.

"We'll meet Okuma-chan at Kaijo, so let get going," she told the guys and they marched forth along with her. She was a bit worried, since Tomoko wasn't travelling together with them, but she figured that the girl will be fine by herself. "Kaijo's not hard to find. She won't get lost."

-----

"Heh... I think I might be lost..." Tomoko chuckled to herself with embarrassment.

The time was glaring back at her, yelling at her to get her herself together to her team. In less than ten minutes the practice match will be starting, and she didn't think she was anywhere near Kaijo High.