That's Ridiculous

For my readers who are also taking their semester finals next week. Ganbatte!

-----

Fans, both students and parents alike, gathered around the outside of the Interhigh stadium. The scheduled games today has caused lively chatters among the considerably larger group of audiences.

In midst of the crowd, there was Team Shutoku, minus a certain green haired miracle, also marching towards the stadium with great expectations.

Today was the start of the championship league.

Tomoko made sure to be on time today. It was important for the team as well as for herself; Seirin was going to reach a new milestone and she wanted to make sure that she was there for her team.

Seirin's versing Touou today, her salmon eyes furrowed with a mix of eager and suspense. She walked with her team into the building and glanced at the silent Kuroko. We're up against the former Teiko ace, Aomine Daiki...

"Why ya look so worried, brat?" Kagami stopped walking and asked as he looked down at the caramel haired manager beside him. All that thinking made her face scrunch up unconsciously. "We'll beat them. That Aomine won't know what hit him."

The corners of Tomoko's lips pulled up and she smiled. "...Of course! Aomine-kun and his team may be strong, but I have no doubt that Seirin has gotten stronger," she replied.

"Then stop lookin' like you're constipated."

"I was not..." Tomoko glared at him with a small pout, though she knew he was only kidding. She then eyed the redhead's calves, crouching down to poke them experimentally, almost like one would a dead animal; she asked, "Are they healed?"

Kagami smirked, "Yeah."

"One hundred percent?"

"Ha? They don't hurt anymore," he rolled his eyes, fingers twitching with anticipation. He's been anxious to return to the court; Riko had found out about his secret playing sessions with those analytic eyes of hers and banned him from touching the ball until his legs ceased signs of injury. "I'm going to show him my true strength this time."

"Oooooh, you go, Tiger!" Tomoko slapped Kagami hard on the back and grinned when he glared at her actions. "I brought some heating pads, just in case," she took the pads out from her bag and waved them around.

"Whatever... Oi, we're falling behind," Kagami said, grabbing the girl's arm and took longer strides to catch up with the rest.

"I can w-walk myself!" she huffed, trying not to trip on her own two feet as the redhead dragged her along.

"Nah, your tiny little legs are too slow."

"Hmph!"

Once they reached the locker room, their conjoined arm-in-hand didn't go unnoticed by the team. The team's wide eyes promoted Kagami to look down at the origin of their attention, and he immediately retracted his hand with a blushing start.

"What was... Never mind," Riko, holding an arm full of empty water bottles, started to say but merely shrugged afterwards. She handed a few bottles over to Tomoko, "Okuma-chan, come with me to fill these water bottles."

Tomoko nodded, following behind while passing by the bespectacled captain.

"Thanks for your hard work, Okuma. It's nice to see you not being late as well," Hyuuga nodded at her and commented in good humor.

"Ou!" she laughed and winked. "Taichou-senpai's magnificent barrier jump inspired me to come on time!"

Hyuuga looked startled. "R-Really?"