The Differences Between Them

EARLY CHRISTMAS PRESENT FOR Y'ALL! Please enjoy this chapter and happy holidays~

-----

Midorima-kun just up and left...

After the line-up, the two teams went their separate ways and before Tomoko could have a chance to talk to the green haired miracle, he had disappeared.

Oh well, maybe I'll meet him again soon. She sighed and smiled. Seirin did extremely well today; she couldn't be prouder. Playing against two kings was exhausting, however, and it showed with the groaning teens slumped together and trying to relieve their sore muscles.

"I-I don't think I c-can move... Or e-even stand..." a certain redhead wailed from the corner.

Poking Kagami in the leg and causing him to yelp in pain, Tomoko jumped away instinctively to avoid being pummeled by the redhead. Although, it didn't look like he could move very far anyway.

"What the hell, brat!" he yelled.

"Sorry Taiga-chan," she apologized with a cute grin, "but that was my little retaliation for you being so stubborn earlier."

He huffed and said no more; he deserved it, after all.

I'm thankful to have the old you back, though.

"It's time to go guys," Riko called as she gathered the team's items. "You all look like zombies."

"Eh... We'll be fine after we rest for a few minutes... It's Kagami I'm concerned about," Hyuuga said while looking at said teen withering in pain, and he smiled softly. "He pushed himself too hard."

"We can't stay here forever, though," Riko sighed. She reached into the bag that Mrs. Okuma had brought and handed out umbrellas to her team. "Hm, how about we go to the nearest restaurant?"

At the mention of food, Tomoko perked up. "Good idea!" she said, already feeling her mouth watering. The brunette nodded and opened the locker room door, beckoning her team to follow.

"Alright, someone carry Kagami-kun and let's go."

-----

The team spotted an okonomiyaki restaurant not long after walking through the light rain. Thanks to the umbrellas, they stayed dry.

Most of them did, at least.

"Damn you, Kuroko..." Kagami grumbled as they reached the restaurant's entrance. The left shoulder of his basketball jacket was completely smeared in mud.

"Sorry, you're too heavy," Kuroko replied without much of an expression.

"I told you I could help," Tomoko pouted, not understanding why the male was so mad even when she offered to carry him with her blue haired friend when he lost the game of rock, paper, scissors. Kagami was probably the weight of both her and the phantom combined! "You wouldn't have fallen off if I was holding your other side!" She lifted her arm to show off what she deemed as biceps once again.

"You don't have any," the redhead growled tiredly. He eyed the rest of his team walking ahead of him inside the aroma-filled restaurant, a small hope that the perky manager will be distracted with the sight of food.

"How about I lend you my jacket then?"

He nearly slapped himself on the face with that atrocious suggestion. "Oi—!" he stopped her from taking off her navy blazer before anyone could give them weird looks.

"I'll lend you mine," Kuroko piped from besides him, getting ready to take his jacket off as well. Kagami gave the two a frustrated look.

"I'm fine; I don't need anyone's jacket!"