For Those Who Like to Meddle

Kise let the fountain spurt water at his face, the cool liquid refreshing his sweat soaked face as well as washing away any evidence that he had cried. After a while, he shut off the faucet and hung his head low for the droplets to drip off his face.

It was still a pretty big shock to him that he had lost the practice match—Kuroko and his team was better than he imagined. The girl, Seirin's team manager, was of a great surprise to him as well.

Kise had expected her to rub it in his face after the game when Seirin won, but she did the complete opposite. She consoled and encouraged him... and it made him feel a special spark within him. He really didn't get her—didn't she declare some sort of vendetta against him and his "flawed" reason of playing basketball (not that he completely understood what exactly was so flawed about it)?

People always expected him to win because he was so good and considered one of the six Generation of Miracles, but she didn't care for that. She told him she wanted him to win with passion. He wanted to tell her that a win will still be a win no matter what you offer to the table, but to her, it was different.

He closed his eyes briefly. Maybe that was what Kuroko had meant when he said his thinking has changed...

"Gemini's horoscope predicted terrible luck for you today, but I didn't expect you to actually lose."

Kise stood up straight, his eyes fluttering open with a hint of bewilderment at his former teammate's presence. "You came to watch Midorima-cchi?"

"Even a monkey could have managed those dunks, it's no wonder fate didn't choose your side," Midorima replied curtly, his taped fingers coming up to fix his glasses.

The blonde sighed; what a typical response from the bespectacled male. "I haven't seen you since middle school... It's good to see you again, I see you still tape your fingers," he said with a small smile, "Plus why does it matter as long as it goes in?"

"That's where you're wrong. Getting the ball in from up close is easy, but getting it from far away has true value," the green haired teen said, referring to his specialty—he was the Generation of Miracle's number one shooter. He apparently didn't like Kise's style of playing because it lacked grace, unlike his own.

Midorima threw a towel at his former teammate, "I always do my best, and I always keep the Oha-Asa horoscope's lucky item on me, which today is the toy frog. That's why I never miss my shots."

The shooter's obsession with horoscopes still confuses Kise to this day, but he supposed that everyone had their own quirks, no matter how weird it was. "Have you talked to Kuroko-cchi? He's changed a lot since middle school..." mind flashing to a certain redhead and team manager, he then said, "and it looks like he made some new friends in Seirin."

Midorima turned to his side, "There's no need. B-blood types like myself and A-blood types like him never get along. I respect his style, but I do not particularly care what he does or who he befriends at... Seirin."

"Hm? Well, I think Seirin has some interesting people!"

"Are you referring to his new partner and that perky team manager?"

Kise blinked, "Midorima-cchi, you know them too?"

"No," he replied without much of an expression, "Kuroko seems to get along with the other player and I only met the girl briefly when I came."

"That's Kagami Taiga and Okuma Tomoko!" Kise said happily. Though he lost, he wasn't bitter at the team will admit that Kuroko's teammates were strong, and the salmon eyed girl did enlighten him of sorts today. "Aren't they something else?!"