Tomorrow is a New Day

Seirin's defeat was expected for many people who came to the game, having witnessed the same scenario since the prelims when Touou was playing. However, to those on Team Touou who actually played them on the court face-to-face, they knew that Seirin was different than the rest of their opponents.

Take Wakamatsu for example, who had expressed his surprise about Seirin's strength to Sakurai during the last few minutes of the Seirin-Touou game.

It was probably foolish to some... Seirin was the only team that has yet to give up and lose their will when facing defeat head on. They played until the last second...

They were scary strong in their own way. Wakamatsu thought back to how the redhead power forward looked when he was ordered back to the bench, how he was radiating so much rage and will to continue playing. I've never seen anyone like him before.

But nonetheless...

"We destroyed our opponents in our first game of the championship league!" Wakamatsu shouted with high.

The rest of the guys of Touou, taking their rest in the locker room, disregarded the blonde's loud exclamation as it was also a normal occurrence when he wasn't picking a fight with a certain navy haired miracle.

"We know. You don't have to yell," Imayoshi replied in a chiding manner, expressing his annoyance. He just wanted some peace and quiet after a long game...

On the topic of winning, some guys off to the corner of the locker room also started to chat idly about the game.

"I thought they'd be stronger, you know, considering they beat Shutoku. That No. 11, Kuroko I think, was especially weak towards the end! Did you see how he was real uptight about it until the very end? He should've just given up! Hah hah, Seirin turned out to be such a weak team. The one plus side they have though..." the brown haired second string player laughed with his friend, then turning to Momoi with a boastful grin on his face, "Say, Momoi-chan! You should give us hugs like their cute manager when we win—"

The second string didn't get to finish as Aomine suddenly grabbed the front of his shirt and slammed him forcefully on to the lockers lining the wall. His face contorted in pain and fear as he looked into Aomine's furious eyes.

"You sure as hell talk a lot for someone who didn't play," Aomine growled. "You want a 'good job' for sitting on the bench? Shut your annoying and pathetic mouth up before I do it for you."

"Aomine! Let go of him!" Wakamatsu yelled at the tanned miracle, coming up to stop the one-sided fight. Aomine shot the second string one last threatening glare before letting him go harshly. Without another word, he walked out of the locker room.

Momoi looked at the closed door with a bewildered expression. Aomine had always been protective over his Teiko teammates, no matter how he tried to act otherwise these days, but was there something else...?

"Aomine!" Wakamatsu wanted to go after the miracle, but he resolved to help the frightened second string up instead of running after a lost cause. "You okay?"

"Man... What's his problem..." the guy mumbled.

The annoyed scowl on Imayoshi's face deepened. Was some peace and quiet that hard to ask for?

-----

BAM!

Kagami slammed his fist at a locker, causing the metal structure to rattle.

The team looked at him with understanding. It was expected for the redhead to be frustrated after losing to Touou, especially since he had to sit out and watch it all happen. But to them, they would gladly lose the game than lose a valuable friend.