Chapter 3: Inevitable Fate

Author's Note: ... Okay, the last chapter was a bit happy because of Jackson AKA Chace Crawford <3. This one is kind of light too. But after this, I don't know... I have the basic outline in my head all serious but I doubt I'll end up making it that serious. =)

Let me know if you like it or not. =)

BTW: What do you think of Julian? Sam? Jackson? Sham (Sorry for making her name so similar to Samantha's)? Tara (Do you remember her)? Who do you think is after Julian? Is anyone after him at all? Does he like Sam? Just tell me what you think so far. =)

Thanks for reading =) And thanks everyone who fanned!! I have 45 fans now!! I'm ecstatic.. When I started out, I couldn't believe that ten people even fanned. And now, there are fifty! Thanks so much for liking my writing. =)

By the way, if you readers don't like something about my writing, tell me. I'll try to change it. I can't guarantee changes, but I assure you that I will try my hardest to make my writing better for you guys. At first, I started using WattPad to just write random story attempts. But, thanks to you guys, I think I might actually finish writing my first stories.

***FAN SHOUTS!

xxEvanescentAngelxx [Not your typical Love Story.. I lovee itt! Its so cute in a weird way because of its Halloweeny theme.]

vanessaaahh

Burning_Light [Endless Love.. it was sooo cuteee and emotional!! X)]

***LAST BATCH OF FAN SHOUTS!

OnlyUseWords [My first love.. it's so different.. read it and you'll see how different it is from what you think it will be when you read the title]

IceSkate2 [I believed it.. those emotions and feelings are so common.. I love how you wrote it in words]

DarknessToLight [Confessions from my heart.. cute/interesting tale]

Sophia5 [Quotes... sorry I didn't choose Forbidden Angel/Peanuts and Pomegranates.. I'm a sap for quotations. =P]

Ms1Beas [Abducted by Aliens.. I love the word aliens lol]

MikaylaNoel18 [What is my world? It's really different and interesting and cute.. =))]

Candyy

Thanks for fanning every one of you guys.. Also, I wanted to say to anyone who is reading.. PLEASE READ // VOTE // COMMENT on some of their writings. I have my favorite piece from each of their profiles on the side in brackets. I only chose one from each profile and, trust me, it was terribly hard to choose. They are all great writers. I actually reread all their posting to know which was my absolute fave. lol.

Chapter 3

I stretched my hands around and felt my sleeping bag. Weird, it doesn't feel as fuzzy as usual. I stretched my arms more so they extended far above my head so that I would eventually touch the wall of the tent soon. When I was frustrated because I couldn't reach the walls of the tent, I opened my eyes to see another pair of eyes staring back at mine.

Large gray eyes were looking at me in awe and confusion. Seconds after my eyes opened, whoever it was backed away. It turned out that the person who was looking at me with such intensity was a boy about a year or two older than me. He had thick black hair and beautiful olive skin. His eyes were gray yet full of emotion. Somehow, I felt like I could trust this stranger as much as I could trust Jackson after all these years. He was different, in a good way.

I smiled at him, and he looked at me like I was mad to be smiling so brightly at a random stranger. "Hi, what's your name?"

He looked as if he was unsure on whether or not he should answer. After what seemed like hours of thinking, he looked at me with some unknown intensity and replied, "Only if you tell me first."

"And why is that?"

"Because I can not trust everyone I meet." He rose from his seat on the ground while I rose to sit in my sleeping bag. I looked around and began noticing my surroundings. We were in the depths of the forest. Verdant grasses and intricate growths of foliage were surrounding us. There were tall, thin trees that were as high as the skies. The first leaves and branches looked as if they were miles away. It doesn't feel like we're in the same forest I fell at. This place is entirely different. The trees before were short and stubby. This location is as similar to the campsite where I was with Jackson as water is to earth.

"Where are we?"

He rolled his eyes. "So, you finally noticed that you are out of danger."

"What are you talking about? How was I in danger?"

"You could have been kidnapped or something. You shouldn't have been in those parts of the forest." This guy is serious about everything!

"Relax, it's not like people are out to kill us." He rolled his eyes. I guess he has a problem with that too.

"Maybe, people aren't after you," he spoke grouchily.

"Tell me your name, now."

"How can I trust you?"

"Get me a knife then." He started looking at me questioningly. I bet he thinks I'm suicidal or something now.

"Why do you want a knife?" I like this. I'm having fun playing this game.

"I was sent here." This guy's face changed and showed pure shock and horror. He ran from where he was (several yards away) and jumped onto me while I was still stuck in that huge sleeping bag. I smirked at him while he scowled in my face. "Relax, it was just a joke."

"Well, it wasn't funny."

"True. I am more into crude humor. Life isn't funny for me anymore. It's just a pile of horror movies. So, do you intend to share with me the reason why I shouldn't have been in the forest? Or the titles of the horror movies that make you act psychotic?"

"No, but my name is Julian." He smiled for the first time since I met him and brought up his hand. I returned the formality and shook his hand while smiling in response. His touch made my skin numb and brought tingling sensations throughout my spine. When our hands finally separated, I backed away from the shocks and turned around to head towards my sleeping bag. Behind me, I heard Julian clear his throat. How could I forget? Well, I didn't.

"Samantha, Samantha Richards."

I laid down onto my sleeping bag while he walked closer to me and sat beside me. "Samantha, please go to sleep. You need to be rested for when we depart. After our departure from these dangerous parts, I shall tell you everything."

"Promise?"

"There is no need to question me. I shall dwell at your footsteps if I don't tell you what you need to know for the times to come."

"Shut up. Just say that you promise to tell me what I want to know. Fancy words sound dumb."

He chuckled lightly and said, "I promise." Within seconds, I was asleep and free of the burdens of this world. I was neither worried of what was to come or what I must do. I was asleep and remembering all that I have lived and dreaming. I am not sure if I loved Julian already, but I do know that I dreamt of him that night. After all, he was my protector, my Julian.

Sneak Peek:

There is no official sneak peek. By the way, I can't believe I spelt sneak peek wrong last time. Anyway, here are some keywords that kind of summarize Chapter 4 (the next chapter).

Loud sounds. Running. Compass. Transform. Change. Faint. Palace.