Prologue

[ not edited ] 

Sitting at my bedside, i looked over to the photo frame of two sisters that was just standing there staring at me. It has been three months since Elizabeth died from cancer. Elizabeth was my dearest sister, she was two years older than me, and she died at the age of 15 years old. I miss her so much, she was like the world to me, she taught me things that could ensure my survival in this society. She was there every time i was feeling down or lost, she would always guide me. Though we have the bad times, we went through them together. Hence our bond as sisters was so strong and will always no matter where she is.

Even when she was doing chemotherapy, and was in pain, she would still smile, hiding her pain behind her smile. Because that was how she was, she didn't want to worry us or didn't want her issues to be a burden to us.

When Elizabeth went to have a full body checkup as she was feeling not well for quite a while, she was already at Stage 3 of her cancer, the percentage of her being cured was so little, but she persevered on despite everything. I guess three months ago, she lost her will to carry on, and i understood that, it was better to be in peace than to be suffering in pain. I miss her so damn much, but it was just part of life, everybody will die at one point, the question is when?

It took me one month to get over her death, and because our family, The Campbells, own a company, the news of her death was all over the news. Everybody was just repeating the same things on the internet, television, to the point i didn't want to even get out of my house, or even switch on the television or my phone, as they will just remind me all over again.

For my parents, they were saddened by the death of Elizabeth, they thought she could made it. After all, we were a really close family, our father really emphasised the importance of communication hence we had close bonds together. But what can they do, they had a huge company to take care of, they couldn't possibly be grieving about her death for so long. I knew that my mum would secretly enter Elizabeth's room and just seat there doing nothing. All of us really miss her.

Her death was kind of a huge blow to me to the point where i suffered depression for a few weeks, since it has been three months, depression hasn't came back for a while and i hope it would never. I got out of the depression zone after much thoughts on how Elizabeth wouldn't want me to be like this, and mainly my friends who were there for me throughout everything, Eileen and Hailey.

Today was the first day of school to Secondary School. I'm so god damn nervous, having to meet new people and having to interact with them. But i'm glad that my two best friend were going to the same school as me. I decided to change some things about myself before entering Secondary School. I decided to put on a mask that isn't visible to anyone. I didn't want to let people know what kind of past i had, like my depression. People would just take it that i was an attention seeker that needs help.

That was how i am going to live my life in Secondary School or at least i hope to live it that way, provided that someone wouldn't forcefully go and break down my walls that i had built around me the past three months. I just had to do well in my own studies so that i wouldn't have to trouble my parents.

[ A/N : some background information i guess? hope you enjoy it ]