one

It has been almost four months since i started secondary two in the express stream. And i have to admit, it was going along my plan on just focusing on my studies, and getting the results that i want. We just finished our common tests, and had gotten back our results. I have gotten 5 As and 2 Bs for this round of common tests, it isn't that bad, i am pretty sure that the Bs could be an A during our mid year examinations.

Before i knew it, i have been deemed as the nerd of the school, everybody thinks that its only secondary one, why work so hard. I was top 10 in class due to my results. Now everywhere i go, i have people shaking their heads just because i studied hard. I just don't get them, isn't it better to study now then to waste the time goofing off? But them shaking their head wasn't really an issue to me, not like it affected me in any way.

Just when i was going to the canteen to get my food along with Hailey, Kayla, from normal technical stream came up to us, shaking her hips along the way. Lol, she was someone i really disliked when i first saw her.

"How are you coping with your sister death, hmm, its around seven months already." Kayla smirked. For a moment, my goal of focusing on my studies blurred because my mind went back to seven months ago when she was still with us. And this was the reason why i hated her, talking as if she knows me well.

"Better than how you are changing your boyfriends everyday, mainly because they dumped you." I smiled sarcastically to her. I saw her flinched and her ears went red.

"What the fuck." She muttered, "watch your back, sweetheart." After that she walked away. She probably felt embarrassed after what i had said in front of so many people. People love to watch and not help.

That was the issue, people thought i was just a fucking nerd that puts her life on studies, they only see what they want to see. They judge others on outer appearance, because nobody bothered to look beneath us. They are wrong i guess, because i'm not a nerd, or i have my own reasons on becoming a so-called nerd.

"Let's go, no point talking sense to Kayla." Hailey snapped me back into reality.

We went to grab snacks and then i proceeded on to the washroom to relieve myself. The washroom was empty and i don't think anyone will be popping in soon because the hallway was empty when i went to the washroom. I looked into the mirror and said to myself. "It's okay. You will get through it."

As soon as i walked out of the bathroom, a guy was standing right beside the female's toilet, hence scaring the shit out of me. In the first place, why would i guy stand beside a female toilet. As far as i recall, there wasn't anybody in the toilet.

"Yo, i'm pretty sure you don't know me which is a shock, because i thought i was quite popular. But i'm Cole." he smirks. Why in the world was he even introducing himself to me, it's not like i want to know him?

"Okay?" I started walking away as i just couldn't be bothered to deal with him.

"Wait, just an okay? Let's be friends." He started getting nearer to me with his smirk still on.

"For what reasons do i have to be friends with someone i don't know. Bye." I brisk walked after i said. How annoying, get yourself another target dude. I rolled my eyes while walking away.

"What took you so long?" Hailey asked as i went back to class.

"Ran into someone whose name was Cole. Do you know him?"

"Cole?" She asked "I think he is from the Normal academic stream. Why?"

"Oh he talked to me introducing his name like i wanted to know."

Hailey started to smirk and i immediately knew her stupid meaning. "Maybe he wants to pursue you." Bingo.

As if i would even let him. Going home, i decided to search Cole in Google. I saw his face on Google immediately. So he is famous? After searching, i realised he was from the Collins Company. And then i recalled what my parents was talking about last few weeks ago. They were discussing on the business collaboration with the Collins. Oh well, not like i have any interest in their collaboration but i just hope he won't pester me anymore.

Ding. My phone rang due to Eileen messaging in the group chat that we have.

GUYS, i got news that Kayla was actually dating Cole a few months back but she haven't get over him. why not we play a game?

A game of where Ashley should try to win Cole's heart within three months. By winning his heart, Ash! you can get back at Kayla for her shitty words.

I agree. Ash, are you on?

I thought for a while, because this whole game thing might or might not disturb my studies if i get too attached to it. But i guess, no harm bringing some fun into my life right? Maybe my nickname of the nerd could change as well. I mean i hate being called a nerd just for studying hard and wearing a spectacles.

Okay, I'm ON!!

Let's see how my life would even change or not. But no matter what, i would still be sticking to my rules which was not letting people in to my life that easily. What Cole will probably see is the fake Ashley, the one everybody knows, the nerd. He won't ever know what is coming for him.

[ A/N ; just maybe if you enjoyed this rewritten one, give a vote or even comment your thoughts about it. I will be happy to read them. This book before it was written, has many funny comments, HAHA. yep. and those italics meant a phone conversation ]