five

If the class was filled up, I could not have heard what he said. "Wait, what do you mean. I will be the one to do what?" I ask him unconsciously.

"I guess you're also a smart one after all huh? Nice, Cole has got a pretty and smart girl." He smiles, "But it is all up to him to tell you about it." After he said it, he went back to slouching, totally showing his interest in class.

I guess everybody hides under a mask like how Cole hides behind his popular bad boy image.

The week passed by quickly because of the new additions to my life. Instead of my usual boring studying life, I started to hang out with Cole after school, mainly because he wants to bring me back home. Which I pretty much find it surprising as he is doing what a boyfriend would do. I just needed time to adjust to these type of things. Cole is my second boyfriend, fake or true, whatever you call it, still my so called boyfriend.

I dated my first boyfriend in Primary school, immature and all, I dated him for only two days. Mainly because my parents were strict with having a boyfriend, but after Elizabeth passed on, they loosen up, hence they didn't complain much about Cole or maybe they just agree due to the business deal they have, whatever it is. My first boyfriend was definitely me doing things out of impulse, though his wooing techniques was pretty cute. I guess we just wasn't meant to be though he asked me out again. He was pretty much a player if you see it because he only chats with me after he break up with his ex.

"Ashley, you have a package." My mum shouted from downstairs while closing the main door behind her, releasing me from my thoughts. Package? I didn't order anything though so why would I have a package. I make my way down to collect it before going up again to open it.

Before I have time to even open it, my phone ringed, Cole's name was on my screen.

"I believe you received a package. The Collins has a family dinner today, I have to bring somebody. So please wear that and I will meet you at six." He said through the phone. We barely dated for a month, and he is already bringing me to a dinner his family organised.

"Okay. See you." I ended the call to start looking through what he send me.

I opened the package and saw a blue dress with heels. Oh god, it was beautiful. The dress was an off shoulder kind, the length reaches above my thighs by a little and it was a tight fit dress. I held the dress against my body to see how it will look on me. Oh my god, I just couldn't take my eyes off it.

It was already 4.30pm, i started getting ready by bathing. Who would want to smell bad right.

Time check, 5.15pm, 45 minutes left. As soon as i changed, i stood in front of the mirror. It was like i am a completely different person. The dress fits me magically, hugging my curves. I felt confident with myself.

My mum saw me while she was walking to her room causing her to enter my room. "What's with your dress up?"

"Mum, i'm attending a dinner with the Collins. The package was sent by Cole, and this is from him. What do you think?" I turn around showing her a 360 degree view of me.

"Stunning. My daughter is beautiful. Why not I help you apply some simple makeup?" She smiles.

We sat facing one another while she started applying make up for me. I miss this, before my sister passed away, she would always do this for us whenever we are heading out. It has been a while since she did my make up, I'm really glad we are doing this now.

We spent thirty minutes applying the make up. Seeing myself in the mirror, I was just so different. I hugged my mum thanking her.

It wasn't after a few minutes my mum went down, the door bell rang. I heard the door open and I faintly hear him greeting my mum. If only he maintained his manners everywhere he go.

I made my way down and he was still chatting with my mum, probably about today's event. When he saw me, his eyes shifted from top to bottom and i even saw him mouthing a wow while scratching his neck.

"Let's go." He lift his hand up and escort me to his car.

"You look beautiful by the way." He says and all at once the butterflies came back in my stomach.

"You look handsomely beautiful too." I smirked at him. "Why bring me to a family dinner of yours though?" I asked because I am just his one week girlfriend.

"Well, my family know about you, they requested me to bring you there too. What can I do? Of course I said no at first but they insisted and i'm pretty sure you know how i hate it when humans are annoying, so I just agreed." He shrugs his shoulder while I just nod, indicating i'm listening and agreeing to the annoying part of his.

The whole car ride was pretty much silent, we didn't do much except him introducing his family members to me. The Collins family is sure huge, I have no clue how I would even introduce myself to them or let alone communicate with them if I am required to.

I guess for today I will just have to rely on Cole to do the job of communicating which he said he would.

❨ ello this is kinda a short chapter... life has been shit these days especially finding out that u got back stab by a friend you trust. oh wellz. anyways i went to watch 'The Greatest Showman', and oh god, the movie is so beautiful. the cast, the performance, the songs, everything is just beautiful. Please go and watch it if you can afford to :-) have a great day ahead. Do rmb to vote and comment if you enjoyed the story so far tho its clicheeee ❩