thirteen [c]

[ cole's pov ]

"Good day, Ashley." I wink at him and do a quick scan from head to toe. So she knows how how to dress up huh, in school she wear stuff a nerd will wear, maybe if she wore something nice, she would gain fans.

"Hi Cole." she replies.

"I figured out that both of you should know each other since you are from the same school." My mum smile while tapping my back. Fakey I see.

"Yep, we are currently partners for a project. And we will be meeting up next week at my house. Is that okay, Ms and Mr. Campbell?" I cut to chase with my manners of course.

"Of course. Let's settle down now for dinner, shall we?" Ms Campbell says excitedly

As soon as we finished dinner, her dad ask her to bring me around the house, probably just an indication that they didn't want us when they discuss, but its alright because really, i want to do some exploration in her room.

"Why not we just go to your room?" I ask. I knew she wouldn't really reject me because she have to show face for her parents.

As soon as we reach her room, i lunge onto her bed, smells good.

"Wow, Ally, nice room you have here. Always thought girls would like girlish colours like pink but you have your room painted blue." I say dully. Fucking tired. I don't really enjoy business dinners seriously but i am glad Ashley is here because i don't have to mix around.

She was demanding me to get off her bed and i need her to shush so i pull her to the bed and now she is by my side. I stare at her and smirk. At the corner of my eyes, a photo frame catch my eyes, two girls together, so happy.

"Ally, who is that in the photo?"

"Well, it's something that you don't need to know." She stood up and start to shift around. Why?

"I will know one day I guess. I got my connections after all. Thank you for showing me around." I smile-smirk at her while making my way back downstairs. I guess now i have to ask my friend to help me. Troublesome. This is the cost of playing a game on someone you don't know. Should have chosen other girls, probably saved me from the trouble.

Can help me get Ashley's information? Please and thanks.

I sent the message to Conner and he replied with sure. Conner is my friend of almost nine years, we been together since kindergarten, sort of my childhood friend. His family isn't as well-off as mine, but real friends don't do that shit. We really been through so much together, i knew i could trust him with anything.

After around two hours or so of absolutely rotting at home, Conner send me a document and i knew immediately it is about Ashley.

I open the document and went on reading. So she has a sister that passed away from cancer last year. Thats why she was shifting around nervously when i ask about that. Somehow she is like me, maybe. I have a sister that has cancer, she means everything to me and i don't want to experience the pain of losing someone again. I already lost Alexis, a precious person to me, i didn't want Violet to disappear from my side again. Although her chance of recovering completely was almost 100%, but who knows, this kind of thing cannot be predicted.

I felt kinda sorry for Ashley, at her house, i was kind of being so curious about everything, i should not have said i have my connections and stuff, oh god.

After my discovery, i didn't chat with her for about a week. We agreed to meet on the next coming Tuesday for the project. No idea why food stuff would even have a project, freaking waste of time, but i guess it's a way of god helping me?

Although we didn't chat for almost a week, we didn't forget about the meeting we are suppose to have on Tuesday. I text her that we will meet at foyer after school and that my chauffeur will fetch us to my house, surprisingly she replied normally, i guess she doesn't wants to make a fuss out of it or be reminded by her sister.

I start to walk to the hall, i decided to walk faster to Ashley that is in front of us. "Hey Ally. Can't wait to se you later." I smirk at her, and all she did was stare at me before replying me.

"Hello Coco, i can't wait to see you too." She smiles and walk to her class. I started shouting at her saying that nickname is shitty and sounds like a female. Even though she went ahead of me, my class is right in front of hers and thankfully, free seating arrangement, hence i decide to seat in front of her.

+++

After school, i was standing beside my car, waiting for Ashley. Gosh, express students sure get hold back by teachers so long. Am i glad that i am not an express student? Although its better to go express because its easier to get to tertiary education. I wasn't born with good studying genes.

As soon as i spotted her, i open the door for her. As she step into the car, she greeted my chauffeur. The ride to my house was quiet, mainly we just play our handphones. Furthermore, I didn't have any topic to actually talk to her. Hopefully after this whole project interviewing shit, i can know more about her, and how to win her.

"Hi, I'm Violet, Cole's sister. Who may you be?" My sister went over to Ashley smiling happily.

"Hi Violet, I'm your brother's friend, Ashley. Good to meet you." She go over to violet and pat her head. Oh shit, the hat. "Your hat is cute." Ashley does seems to realise that Violet is wearing a hat though its an air-conditioned place but she doesn't ask, which i am grateful for.

"Violet, we will be doing our project okay? So go back to your room. I will play with you later." I smile and hug her.

She is another one of my important person to me. I couldn't bare to lose another person other than Alexis. I just need my parents to be caring and shit to their own freaking blood daughter, and all they do is work. They barely even come home on time to have dinner with us. Violet suffers from cancer, early discovery, and i am glad, so doctors are really helping her. I just hope everything goes well for her.

[ have you watched 'call me by your name' ? its damn good :') ]