six

We reach the place around 6.30pm and the dinner is held at Sentosa. I have been here a couple of times to have dinners with our relatives, with business partners or just our family ourselves to have fun. We entered the meeting room and to where the Collins have rented. They have rented Pavillion by the Sea, beautiful place, beside the sea. Hopefully I can get to see the sunset here today.

The whole area was pretty much crowded, i felt pretty uncomfortable mainly because i didn't know any of them and felt like an outsider. Cole is walking around, greeting his relatives, which i followed along and he introduced me as his girlfriend. I have been here for thirty minutes and i think it is overall still okay for me.

But at some point, i decided to go alone to the side, just to view the sunset. The skies have always been my kind of thing, its pretty much comforting when you just stare at the sky for long. Everybody seems to be immersed in their conversation to not realise that something beautiful is happening above them.

A few moments after i took a couple of snaps of the sunset, Cole made his way over with a wine glass offering it to me which i drank it in a few mouths as i haven't even drink for about an hour.

"How's everything going? By the way, we leave at nine, and we are going to head off to Conner's party." He asks, showing concern.

"Still okay i guess? And explain to me why i want to go to parties?"

"Live a little, Ash. And by the way, my mum wants you to chat with her alone." He smiles. What? I only met his mum on that day where they came over, i barely even know her and her personality, why is she asking me to chat with her?

"Oh. Where is she?" I replied not wanting to make a fuss out of it. He bring me to a room where his mum is currently looking at documents. Busy woman i guess, even at a dinner, she wouldn't want to leave her eyes off her documents. As soon as she sees me, she signalled me to seat with her which is the moment Cole left. I was pretty awkward with his mum.

"So I just heard that you and Cole are dating so how long have you been dating him?" She asks.

"I have been dating him since a few weeks ago."

"Alright so i will get this straight once and for all." She lock her eyes on mine before continuing what she has to say. "Although i may not be with Cole since he was a kid, doesn't mean i do not care. I do not want him to be hurt by anybody. He experienced it once, and i would not want to see him getting hurt again. Although I trust that you won't because you gave quite a good impression."

"Wait, what did he experienced before?" I said. I was so lost, there was just so many things that I didn't know about Cole, how would i win his heart.

"Oh, i guess he hasn't tell you yet and I believed it isn't my place to tell you about it. But promise me you would not hurt him." She says firmly.

"I won't." I lied. At such situation, you should just lie right, especially when you are currently playing a game on him.

"Well, you shouldn't. Because you would pay for the price if you did." She says.

And for a moment, regret overcame me for taking on the game. Then i thought of my parents, what if they cut off the business deal? I am causing them to lose money. But what would happen to me?

There's so much I didn't know about Cole and his whole family. How would i find out?

As soon as she finished our conversation, I went out of the room and started finding Cole. I looked around for a few seconds being seeing his figure.

There he is, definitely flirting with a girl that is probably my age, oh wellz, should i even interrupt? It wasn't really my business but i realises he is my boyfriend so i should just go there and interrupt him.

"Hey." I said, not really caring much, just wanting to go home as soon as possible. It was already almost eight.

"Oh hey, how's the talk?" He waves goodbye to the girl he was talking to me.

"Great and normal." I shrugged, not wanting to reveal much to him. "Why not we head to Conner's party now? I am tired, I want to go home early." He agreed to my request and we start to greet people our goodbyes before heading out of this place.

In the car, i made the decision to ask Cole some questions after the talk with his mother.

"Hey i was thinking we should get to know each other more if we are a couple?" I said, trying to be normal about this.

"What do you want to know Ashley?" He asks, looking away from his phone.

"I want to know all about you Cole, your past, your everything." I said trying to get into being a devoted girlfriend.

"Good timing about that Ashley, i was thinking the same, and so i think we will be playing truth or dare later on in his party. Except that maybe we could do it alone since you want to know about me." He winks.

As soon as i heard about the stupid little game we will be playing later on in the party, I started to not look forward it more.

How much can my night suck? I am just glad that tomorrow was a weekend.

// A/N: yall, sorry for the long wait, i have only finished until chapter seven because the writer's block is real here. i will try to get back on track. and my national exam results are coming out on 12 jan can you believe it. i am damn scared shit. oh wellz, hope ya enjoy. do rmb to vote and comment :-) also i didn't really check through this chapter before posting, i will do so soon though. //