fourteen [ c ]

The whole interview was pretty fast, although it took about two to three hours. All her questions just look like she prepare everything so early just to ask me. She ask me questions like my weakness and strength, my family, taste and likes, and my past. Of course i am not that stupid to leak out everything. I basically ask her back everything she ask me. I realise she plays the piano although she didn't enjoy it, weird right, why play if you don't enjoy. She told me she prefers singing. Surprisingly when i ask back the question her of her past, she told me briefly about her sister and about her parents changes. It just seems like she do so many things like swimming, piano and cycling. Maybe that is why her shoulder looks broader than other girls.

I decided to apologise properly about my asking about her sister, after all, i am someone that has also experience such things.

"Hey about last week, i didn't mean to ask about your sister. I'm sorry, i didn't know about her sooner. But i understand. Please don't hold your grudge against me." She replies me with a nod. Uh. awkward?

My door opens revealing my sister. "Cole and ashley, can we watch minions?" I wanted to say yes to her request immediately but i realise she also invited Ashley. I look at Ashley, I didn't want to force her to come with me but some part of me didnt want my sister to be disappointed.

Surprisingly she agreed.

The ride to the cinemas was probably more lively compared to the one we took when we are going to my house, basically because we are all playing with Violet. Such joy.

++

"I will take you back home." I thanked her and gestures her to enter the car however she refuses.

"It's all right. Just bring your sister back home safe." She smiles to me while waving to me, she was already preparing to leave. "Thanks for today, tell Violet I had loads of fun." She started walking away and i took her hand.

"I know i met you less than a month, but i sense a love story between both of us." No harm right. Dating her can win her heart and at the same time, my sister could see her, i felt like my sister likes her. Sorry for playing and using you at the same time. "will you go out with me?" I smirk. Her face was confusion but i believe she knew i was the shit guy.

"I can't believed the so called popular guy in school asked me out." She pause and smile. "But sure, i would love trying to date you."

"Since you are now my girlfriend, it is definitely a good reason for me to take you home."

"Why not bring your sister home first so that she can rest then bring me back." She suggests. I guess she already knows what happen to my sister.

"Alright, let's go." I reach my hand for her and held her hand bringing her to the car. Her hand was smaller than other hands i held before.

As soon as we reach her house, i made the effort to escort her back the door, who knows whether her parents is around, i need to have a good impression for myself and for my parents.

"Thank you for today, Ashley." I hug her. I felt her fidgeting, probably because we are outside her house. I close the distance between us and kissed her. She was touching my hair and i felt like she is really feeling it and enjoying it.

"Goodnight Ashley." I smirk as i started walking back to my car.

Oh god Alexis. I am terrible, playing a game on another innocent girl. I wish you were here telling me off, asking me to stop all this rubbish. Although she has left my side for one year and three months but she keeps slipping into my mind. There is no way i could forget her, she was my first love, she brought joy to me.

Alexis is my childhood friend, we grew up together. We even made a promise to be with one another forever. I promised. I wouldn't want to break it. She was my friend for nine years before i realised my feelings for her. She also eventually realise it, and we decided we can't be staying as friends, therefore we became a couple. We dated for two years and one month before she left.

She realise that she has cancer just freaking two months before she left. She was so strong, she fought it for two months, fucking brave. But one day she decided it was useless to keep fighting because she didn't get better. It's my fault, i didn't encourage her enough, why didn't i.

As soon as i reach home, i took out the handwritten letter that she wrote for me. She entrusted this letter to her mum before she left. I still keep in touch with her mum, from time to time, visiting her.

Dear my first and last love, Cole,

I already left this world, maybe god had planned this for me. It's too painful. I'm sorry i didn't fight on, i'm sorry i have to break my promise about staying together forever. The last twelve years have been so good with you by my side, I couldn't even ask for anything else. I will be by your side no matter what, just know that deep down, i really love you. You have been through good and bad times with me, i felt like i didn't even deserve such a guy like you. Promise me Cole, that you would move forward, find someone that you can laugh, cry with and do everything with you. Don't leave her if you find her. Forget me. Also, i don't mind if you break the promise about staying together, make that promise with your second love. Just find happiness alright? Promise me Cole. I hope she can bring happiness and joy to you and promise me you would treasure her. Take care Cole.

-Alexis

I broke down every single time when i read the letter. How can i forget you Alexis. There is nobody like you out there. Life is so unfair, why you, why must it be you that left my side. 

// a/n; sorry readers! super late update, had school camp and went home dead and  slack till now ;'( SORRY! nonetheless, hope you enjoy! //