32. ***

~ Le time skip ~

[A/N – when Mina found out she was pregnant she was already 4 weeks along. Also please forgive me for not posting more, I've had a really difficult time recently and I'm still trying to get back on my feet.  Enjoy. xx]

The past 4 weeks have been brutal for me. I kept my resolve of going on missions, but it became very difficult when every little thing made me what to vomit. I was so exhausted and irritable that when it came to my day off I was glad for the rest.

Fortunately, mine and Kakashi's days off fell on the same day. (Not so much of a coincidence since he had me assigned to his squad so he could keep an eye on me...)

I woke in the early hours of the morning, the sun just peeking it's orange glow over the mountains. I blinked a couple of times before turning to check the time on the clock, 4:45am.... Not unusual for me of late. I was usually getting up around this time every day to either get ready for a mission or to try and relieve the nausea. Today it was the latter. I swung my legs around the side of the bed, as quietly as I could for I did not want to wake up Kakashi and his incessant questions.

The wood floorboards were cold beneath my feet as I made my way to the bathroom. I slid the door closed, put a towel down on the floor in front of the toilet and tied my hair back. This had become my morning ritual. I waited for the vomiting to start, but nothing. I felt queasy, but apparently not enough to elicit a response from my stomach. I leaned my back against the wall, closing my eyes as the cool tiles pressed through my shirt. I took a couple of deep breaths before standing up and reaching my arms over my head until I heard a crack in my back. I lowered my arms and tilted my head to either side, stretching my muscles before quietly sliding the bathroom door open to reveal a sleepy-eyed Kakashi sitting up, rubbing his eye and yawning.

"Good morning Kashi. Sleep well?" I ventured out of the bathroom, through the bedroom and into the kitchen as I spoke. I lifted the teapot from the counter and began filling it with water before adding the leaves and leaving it to brew.

I heard the soft thud of his movements as he followed me into the kitchen, wrapping his arms around me from behind and placing a soft kiss on my neck.

"Good morning Mina, I did sleep well, you?" His hands moved down my arms to my stomach which had begun to show slightly.

"Hmm, not really. I'm a little worried about today if I'm being completely honest." I said twisting away from his grip to grab some cups from the shelf. Today marks the 8 week mark. I was going in for a check-up and if all goes well, we'll start telling people.

Kakashi sighed audibly, rubbing the back of his head as he took a seat on the stool in the kitchen.

"There's nothing to worry about Mina, you are young and healthy, the last time I checked that was not a recipe for disaster."

I poured a cup of tea and pushed it towards him before pouring one of my own. I closed my eyes as I took a sip, letting the warm tea flood my insides.

"Kakashi, I spoke with Tsunade a couple of days ago about the vomiting, and she said while some vomiting is normal, I was showing a few signs for concern, she said that the heartbeat was a little too fast to be healthy. I just don't want to get my hopes up."

Kakashi set his cup down and looked at me, his dark eye almost hidden under his furrowed brow. "How could you not tell me this, Mina?" His voice was quiet but he spoke with urgency.

"I didn't want to worry you if it could have turned out to be nothing."

"That's not your call to make. This child is as much mine as it is yours and I have a right to know what is going on!" He raised his voice and stood up sliding his chair back with a screech as he did.