7. **1 year ago**

I know these last couple of parts have been pretty short, but I promise they are leading up to something bigger! 

"Time to get up Mina Mina!" Ah, my morning wake-up call. White Zetsu stared at me through the bars of my cell. 3 years ago I was transferred from the Akatsuki headquarters to Orochimaru's research lab in the Hidden Sound village. Since then I have been woken up at dawn every day for test and experiments to be done on me until about midnight when they give me a small basic meal and sending me back to my cell where I go to sleep on my old, dirty mattress on the floor.

Or so they thought. Little did they know I had found a way around the chakra seal they had burned onto my back. If I focussed on amassing chakra in my reserve pools rather than my main chakra point, the seal would not affect it. Unfortunately, I could not amass chakra very fast this way and to have enough to get out of here alive is going to take a while.

I sat up in bed and rubbed my eyes although nothing could prepare me for another day of endless experiments. Zetsu opened my cell door and I followed him sluggishly down the corridor to the lab.

"Ah, young Mina. Are you ready for round 2?" Orochimaru are recently taken to trying to determine what it was that made people able to do different styles of jutsu. With me, he focussed on my specialty – transportation jutsu. Unfortunately for me, this meant having the seal broken enough for me to use the jutsu multiple times within a small space and time frame under different conditions. All the while having Orochimaru monitor me for god knows what.

The day went by as I suspected the rest of mine would – slow and painfully. Eventually I was lead back to my cell where I feigned going to sleep until my guard left. I laid down thinking about something I had overheard Suigetsu (Orochimaru's henchman) say.

"Am I to take it we are going to take the copy ninja to grab the nine tails?" He asked to his boss as they plunged me under water to see if I could still use my jutsu after being injected with venom then submerged.

I didn't get anything else from that conversation, but it was enough to reignite my hopes. They were alive and I was going to make sure no one would ever hurt them. When I was sure I was alone I sat up and began focussing on by-passing the chakra seal.