24. ***

[A/N - sorry I didn't post yesterday, my parents came over today so I had to clean my apartment!]

I woke feeling well rested. I looked around the room, the door was closed, but I could hear scuffling outside. I looked at the clock which hung on the wall opposite the bed, 7:35am. I had slept through the entire afternoon, night and into the morning! I stretched my legs under the blanket, I was still in the same clothes as yesterday, I threw my legs over the side of the bed, held onto the bedside table and attempted to stand. To my surprise, I could stand perfectly fine, I mean I was a little stiff but other than that, I was fine. I reached my arms above my head and twisted my back to the left until I heard a crack, then I twisted to the right until I heard another crack.

I quickly ran my fingers through my long blonde hair and rubbed my eyes. After letting out a yawn I made my way to the door and slowly slid it open. Kakashi was in the kitchen donning sweats and an apron as he cooked up breakfast. He was so into his cooking that he did not even notice I had emerged. He flipped a pancake with one hand while turning bacon with the other. It seemed so effortless for him. He did however break a sweat when the toast popped and he realised he didn't have enough hands to do everything.

That was the moment that he looked up from his cooking and saw me standing in the doorway of the bedroom, laughing as I watched him. He plated up the pancakes into a small stack and pulled the bacon from the sizzling pan with chopsticks. I walked into the kitchen behind his and plucked the toast from the toaster, placing it on the plates.

"I guess I can't do everything," he let out a small chuckle as I pulled up a stool at the small breakfast bar.

"Kashi, this is amazing. You didn't have to do all of this." I said looking down at all the plates of food. Toast, pancakes, dumplings, eggs, bacon, fruits and yoghurt.

"I wanted to." He pulled up another stood on the opposite side of me and began helping himself to the food.

I put my hands together in front of my face and bowed my head, "Thanks for the food."

I loaded up my plate with as much food as I could, I felt like I had not eating in years. Everything tasted so delicious, the sweet salty bacon mixed with the fluffy pancakes was almost too much. I looked around the apartment once more as I ate. I notice a blanket on the couch which I had not seen before, and I remembered that it didn't look like the other side of the bed had been slept in.

I turned to face Kakashi, eyebrows pinched, "Did you sleep out here?" I asked him putting down my fork.

Kakashi smiled his usual closed-eye awkward smile, "Well," he rubbed the back of his head, "yeah, you looked so peaceful and I didn't want to risk waking you. I know you have nightmares and you needed the rest."

I looked at him until he opened his eyes, "I had a pretty good rest actually, not a single nightmare. But I would prefer it if you too could get a good rest. I mean this is your apartment."

"Our apartment." He corrected me. "I want you to feel just as at home here as I do."

"In that case," I stood up and dusted off my hands, "I'm going to need some clothes. But first, a shower!"

Kakashi chuckled and walked into the bed room returning with a towel and a pair of ninja pants and a shirt. "These are a bit small on me so they should hopefully fit you for now. We can pick up some more things today."

I nodded and took the clothes and towel from him before walking to the bathroom. I closed the door behind me and looked around.

The bathroom was small, just a shower, toilet and sink. There was a small cupboard in the corner which I put my clothes on top of and stripped down. I was standing on the cold, grey titles in the shower wondering how to work it. I turned the cold knob clockwise and nothing happened, so I turned it the other way and still, nothing. I tried the hot water next. Nothing. I just could not get this thing to work. I wrapped the towel around me, sighed and slid the door open. I walked shamefully into the kitchen where Kakashi was beginning to clean up, grabbed him by the sleeve and tugged him into the bathroom pointing at the shower. He stood there looking at me for a minute before he realised.

"Oh, I should have showed you how to work the shower. Sorry," he laughed and ruffled my hair the way Minato used to. "You have to flick this switch here first to enable the flow of water," He pointed to a small red switch just next to the shower head.

"Thank you, now go." I pushed him out the door, closing it again before I let my towel slip to the floor. Stepping into the shower, I flicked the switch and turned the hot and cold taps on. The warm water flowed out and hit my skin.

I turned the hot water up almost the entire way and let it hit my shoulders, all the tension ran down the drain with the water. I picked up a bar of soap which was resting in the soap dish on the right and lathered it up on my body.

Once I had washed all the suds off I stood under the water for another couple of minutes before turning it off and stepping out. I picked up my towel from the floor where I had dropped it, dabbed at my hair a couple of times before wiping the droplets from my skin and walking over to the cabinet where I had put my change of clothes.

I slipped then on, little big but it was the best I could do right now. I quickly pulled my hair into a high pony and walked back out to see Kakashi dressed, face covered and standing by the front door.

"So, Mina," he opened the door waving one arm through it ushering me out. "Ready to go shopping?"