30. ***

~Le Time skip~

2 weeks had passed since my treatment and my amnesia. I was cleared for active missions last week and my first mission started today. They are assigning me with an already formed squad rather than throwing me back into the Anbu. I will be accompanying Kurenai and her squad on a simple recon mission. There have been rumours that the hidden stone village are gearing up to attack and it is our job to scout the border and find out as much as we can. I was so excited for this mission that I couldn't even keep my breakfast.

Kakashi had made me some rice porridge for breakfast and he had also packed me a bento for lunch, if all goes well, I should be back by nightfall.

I sat on the couch spooning the porridge into my mouth. I was so tired, I had barely slept last night, probably because of the nerves. They seemed to get the better of my porridge as well, as I ran to the bathroom just in time to expel my breakfast. I wiped my mouth, flushed the toilet and tied up my hair.

"Are you feeling alright Mina? It's okay if you're sick, we'll just ask Lady Tsunade to put you on a different mission when you are well.

I began putting on my gear, jonin jacket, shoes and headband. "No way! I'm just nervous is all. I am so ready for this!" I peck him on the cheek as I pick up my pack and leave the apartment.

I met Kurenai, Shino and Hinata at the village gates. About 2 minutes after I arrived, Kiba and Akamaru show up and the mission is a go. Kurenai and I chatted about Asuma and Kakashi and just life in general until we began approaching the border. Recon is something that I knew well, because of my speed as a Namikaze it was my specialty in the Anbu.

We spread out along the border, Kurenai and Kiba went left and Hinata and Shino came with me. We were only moving for about 10 minutes when Hinata's Byakugan picked up something.

"Three stone ninja 2 clicks ahead."

"Right, you two stay here." They nodded and I used my teleportation jutsu to silently manoeuvre myself until I was directly above them. I stayed there for a good 15 minutes and only heard that they were trying to mount a defence against the Akatsuki.

I made my way back to Hinata and Shino to see that they had already met up with Kurenai and Kiba.

With that we decided to break for lunch and go over what we had found out so far. I opened the bento that Kakashi had packed for me. It looked delicious but the second I smelled it, my stomach churned. I put the bento down and took a sip of water. I could not get the smell out of my nose. Oh no. it was happening again.

I ran to the nearest tree and threw up whatever was left of my breakfast. I felt lightheaded and the bile in my mouth burned. My legs started to shake as I made my way back to the others.

Kurenai looked at me with worried eyes and a sympathetic smile. "It's almost dusk, I think we've found out all we can for today. Let's head back." I couldn't lie, I was relieved.

We were back at the village in no time, Kurenai telling the other 3 to go report to the hokage and ushering me to the hospital. "You have clearly come down with something. I'm taking you to see someone and I'm not taking no for an answer."

She pushed me into the hospital and explained to the nurse that I had not been feeling well. They showed us into a room and told me to wait there for a doctor who would run some tests. I was beginning to feel very dizzy when the doctor came in.

She did all the usual checks, temperature, throat, blah, blah, blah. Then she took some blood and said that she would go test for infections and be back with results soon.

At this point, with it being unclear as to how long 'soon' was Kurenai, I sent Kurenai home to Asuma because I knew she would be tired and missing him. I also told her that if she runs into Kakashi to tell him I am here. I sat in that hospital room waiting, and reading every pamphlet, for a solid 45 minutes when the doctor comes back in.

"Well, you're not sick with any kind of infection Ms Namikaze." I cocked my head to the side, confused and she continued. "You're pregnant. 1 month pregnant to be exact. Congratulations."

I could barely breathe... pregnant. It was at that point that the door opens and Kakashi steps in.

"Well, I'll give you 2 a moment." She stood up and quietly walked out of the room, closing the door behind her.

Kakashi walked over to me and sat down in the chair opposite mine where the doctor was sitting. He took my hands in his.

"Mina, what's wrong?" I looked at his face. He was concerned, he probably thought I was dying considering the way I was acting. He gave my hands a slight squeeze and I took a deep breath.

"Kakashi," I paused and looked up at him, the worry still prevalent. I took another deep breath. "Kakashi, I'm pregnant."

I tried to gauge his face, but to be honest, I was struggling to comprehend my own emotions at this point.

"Are... are you sure?" His face was pale, as though all of the blood had drained from his body.

"Yep." I didn't know what else to say. Of course, I was happy, but at the same time, I was scared. I mean I had only just come back into the village a couple months earlier and now here I was, on the day I was supposed to go back to work, finding out that I'm...pregnant.

"Wow. A baby." Was all he said. He didn't look angry or sad, just shocked I suppose and maybe he was a little scared. I dont4 know. "How are you feeling?" his eyes focussed on mine.

"Uh, well... nervous, scared, nauseous and kind of excited." His mask shifted in a manner that knew all too well.

"I'm all of those as well, Mina." He stood up and pulled me to my feet, trapping me in a vice like hug.

"So, you're not upset Kashi?" I asked him as he released me and we walked out of the room.

"No, not at all. I'm just in shock is all." We stopped at the reception desk to book in the next appointment before heading to Tsunande's office to tell her the news.