18. ***

It had been 6 days since I had broken my ties with Kakashi. He had tried to see me every day since, but I had told the hospital staff not to let him, or anyone else into my room.

It was now the day of my release, I packed everything I had into a small bag, signed my discharge papers and slung the bag over my right shoulder as I made my way towards the exit. I spotted a familiar mop of silver glistening in the sun. He lay on a bench just outside the hospital, eyes closed in the morning glare. I tried to move passed him without alerting him to my presence but I guess with someone as skilled at sensing chakra, there was no possibility of that.

"I knew that you'd have to come out at some point." His eye flicked open and stood up, blocking my path. I looked at him but allowed my eyes to glaze over.

"Mina, I want an explanation. I want you to tell me why one minute you love me and the next you're saying I was a mistake." I couldn't allow my eyes to focus on him. Leaving him for a second time would take everything I had, but I had to do it for his sake.

"Get out of my way," I pushed passed him, hiked the bag up on my shoulder and continued on my way to the village gates.

"Hey! Stop!" he ran after me. "So that's it then? You're just going to come home for long enough to break my heart and then leave again? No! That's not good enough mina! I won't let you!" In less than a second, he was in front of me, headband up, sharingan exposed. He weaved his hands and cast a jutsu before I knew what was happening.

Shadow paralysis. A jutsu he no doubt copied from the Nara clan.

I signed, I could try and break this jutsu, but he would just have another and another lined up to stop me.

"Kakashi, look. I do love you, but I can't do this." I closed my eyes.

"I know. I spoke with Lord Third."

Shocked and a little upset that he would betray my confidence, my eyes opened to look at Kakashi. They began to sting, "H-he told you?"

He shook his head, "not the details, just that you didn't feel worthy." He released the jutsu and I fell to the ground on my knees. He knelt in front of me and placed his hand on my face. "But Mina, I'm not stupid, you know. I understand how hard this must be for you. But I want you to be able to trust me, talk to me, tell me about how you feel. I want to try and help you." I felt something warm drop onto my knees and I looked up to see tears in his eyes. "Because, I love you Mina. I need you. If you leave, I'll just follow you. If you say you hate me, I won't believe you. If you push, I'll pull. I will not let you leave me again. You understand?!"

I looked up at him, eyes wide, mouth open and tears streaming down my face. "Kakashi. I can't give you want you deserve." I say just loud enough for his ears to register.

"I don't care, Mina. How many time do I need to tell you, I love you?" I saw his mask shift as he smiled. I had avoided contact with him for the last week because I knew that he would be able to convince me to stay. And I was right. I fell forward into his strong arms which hugged me close to his chest.

"Come on, Mina. Let's go." He picked up my body, bridal style, in one swift scoop and carried me through the village. I wiped the tears from my face, vowing to myself that I would try my hardest to find my way back to who I was. I looked up at Kakashi, his headband was still up but his sharingan eye was closed. His onyx eye stared straight ahead, shining in the light. I felt a small smile playing on my lips and he looked down at me.

"Kakashi, where are we going?"

"Home."

[A/N - only a small chapter today, let me know what you think about the story so far, do you think I should keep going? I have a couple of ideas for what to do next but I'd like to know what you guys think. Pls, give me all the opinions.]