27. ***

[A/N - here's your Saturday update guys :) hope you enjoy! xx]

We followed Tsunade into a little room with 2 chairs and nothing else. It was a light grey colour with similar coloured carpet. Not a very pleasant aesthetic if you ask me. Inoichi was already in the room when we walked in, "Tsunade has already told me what you have decided to do. I figured it would be easiest for someone you know and who knows you to do this. I cannot guarantee it will work and I cannot guarantee it will not hurt."

I sat down in a chair which was positioned in the middle of the room. Kakashi stayed in the room, back up against the closed door, watching with cautious eyes as Inoichi circled around me coming to stop when he was directly in front of me.

He looked down at me with his never changing stoic face and spoke, "are you ready Mina?" I felt a lump rise in my throat from the nerves. I could only muster a nod, if I had opened my mouth, I'm afraid I might have vomited.

He placed his palm flat against my forehead and I closed my eyes as he closed his. At first it wasn't so bad, Inoichi poking around in my subconscious. There were slight tugs in my head, kinda of like someone was pulling my hair, every time he accessed a different memory, looking for the one with the scar. Tug. Tug. Tug. I'm not sure how long I was sitting there with my eyes closed, feeling the gentle tugs of my memories, when all of a sudden, a sharp pain ripped through me, and Inoichi was thrown from his feet to the ground. I could feel every vein in my body wanting to explode as an intense pressure rushed through me. I threw my head back and screamed a blood curdling scream, before doubling over and falling to my knees, knocking chair down as I went.

As quickly as I had fallen, Kakashi was there, gripping my shoulders telling me to open my eyes. The pain was just too much for me to open my eyes, I could do nothing but let out the pain in screeches of agony. I could feel my body twitching, my hands began to ache, and suddenly I could no longer hear anything.

Neither Kakashi's cries, nor Inoichi's. I could feel something different though, something buzzing. I slowly opened my eyes and looked down to where I could feel the sensation. Something about the memory that Inoichi had found was clearly triggering my over-abundance of charka. It was taking on a form of its own. But not really, it was taking on the form of me. A lightning clone? How was this even possible?

I wanted to stop, but my body was so numb I could do nothing but supply this 'clone' with more charka.

Before too long the clone had enough power to attack. I didn't want it to attack, but at the same time, I did. I went for Kakashi first. He countered with his earth style, which gave Inoichi enough time to use his mind possession jutsu and cut the chakra flow in my body.

The clone disappeared and I felt my body come back to life. I pulled myself to my feet, looking at Kakashi who was making his way back over to me. Inoichi returned to his body, dusting himself off as he said, "Well, I think we found the source. But I will need to confer with Lady Tsunade before we proceed." He continued at my inquisitive look. "It appears as though the scar in your subconscious has somehow attached itself to one of your reserve charka pools, which make it a little more difficult to remove."

Confusion set in as I spoke, my voice shaky, "if it has somehow latched onto my secret reserve chakra then that means that Orochimaru knew about my abilities." I pinched my eyebrows and looked up at Inoichi who didn't seem to understand where I was going with this. I continued, "If he knew about that, then why did he not make a chakra seal to prevent me from using the reserve charka."

I felt Kakashi stiffen beside me, "He planned this." His voice was quiet but both Inoichi and I heard.

-- --