29. ***

[A/N - Hey guys, I'm thinking about ending this one soon. Let me know if you think I should stop or keep going. xx]

"M-Mina, it's me. Kakashi." The man's hands started to tremble and he looked over to the group of people he had arrived with. They were all strangers.

The man holding me let go and turned to face a beautiful, young blonde with large breasts. How could they even be that large?!

"It is possible that she will have some temporary amnesia. The memory which the scar was attached to was one from many years ago, about her parents. It is not something that she would have wanted to remember which was why it was perfect for Orochimaru. It was pushed way to the back of her subconscious, but it was something she would never forget. He assumed it would always be there. Unfortunately, the shock of the procedure can stun the brain into locking all memories for a while."

Scar, memories, Orochimaru. What the hell were these people talking about. I wanted to ask where I was and, well, who I was, but I stayed quiet and listened.

It was another man who spoke next, he had a funny haircut and was wearing the strangest green jumpsuit.

"How long will she be out of it like this?"

"Hard to say, we've never done anything like this before. It may be days, weeks, years even." The large breasted woman said. She looked very familiar to me. I closed my eyes and thought while she spoke with the others, her voice was soft and calming. Her presence was like a warm glow.

"Tsunade." I opened my eyes to see that everyone was staring at me. "That's your name, right? Tsunade?"

You looked after me when I was young. Umm, looked after me and uhh," I scratched my head, a vague memory was coming into focus in my head, two blonde children one boy, one girl running in between the legs of Tsunade and... oh what was his name... Jiraiya. "You and Jiraiya looked after Minato and I, didn't you?" She smiled and stepped forward to rest her hand on my shoulder, and then pulled me in for a hug. This hug just felt right. It felt like I was home.

"That's right Mina. Do you remember anything else?" She pulled away, wiping a tear from her cheek. I tried to think about who these other people could be, but nothing. I shook my head. "That's fine, at least now we know that it will come back, it's just a matter of when." I looked over to the group of people standing at the door, they all looked happy, except for the silver-haired mystery man who had kissed me.

The guy in the jumpsuit, thought it might help jog my memory if we took a walk through the village and maybe went to my house. It sounded like a good idea so I agreed, slipping into a pair of sweats which were folded on the chair next to my bed.

We walked out of the building, which I assumed was a hospital based on the doctors and nurses and all the obvious things. I walked behind all of them, watching them as they laughed and joked, the red eyed woman with the beautiful dark hair reached her hand out to the tall handsome man with the cigarette...

"Kurenai! Asuma!" I shouted. I remembered everything. It was a little blurry but I could remember it. I remembered us as kids, joking around, I remember when Kurenai told me about their first kiss. "I remember you guys!" I ran and hugged Kurenai and felt Asuma wrap his arms around both of us.

"Oh Mina, I'm so glad that you didn't forget me." She whispered in my ear.

We all laughed, them relieved, and me happy, as we released from the embrace and re-joined the other two. Who seemed mildly disappointed that I still didn't remember them.

We continued walking through the village until we came upon a young man who bore a striking resemblance to the man in the jumpsuit. I closed my eyes, more memories flooding back.

"Gai. You're Gai. I remember now."

"Oh, the wonders of youth have not left us just yet!" he yelled as tears streamed down his face.

We walked through the village until dusk, and by then I had remembered almost everything. With the only known exception being the silver-haired man.

Kurenai, Asuma and Gai all farewelled us as we reached an apartment building and the silver-haired man and I broke from the group walking up the stairs to the next floor. We stopped in front of the door which I knew was my apartment, when he turned around to me.

"You really don't remember me?" I could hear the hurt in his voice, see the pain in his eyes. I pursed my lips and shook my head. He turned back around and opened the door.

I stepped in. Immaculately clean. The place smelled nostalgic almost, like... ginger... and spices. I looked around the room and saw an orange book resting on the couch. Looking that the book, I felt a pinch in my chest. I creased my eyebrows. This smell, the book, the feeling, what was happening. I turned around and there he was, no mask, no head band, sadly looking at me with a frown on his face.

I walked up to him looking into the onyx eye which I suddenly remembered so well.

"Kakashi." And I pulled him into a deep kiss.

He broke off, lifting me up, bridal style and walking me over to the bed where he set me down and crawled on top of me. He began kissing my neck and whispering, "I love you," over and over again in between kisses.

"I love you too, Kashi. I'm sorry it took me so long to remember, but you know what they say, always save the best til last." I say as I pull him into another kiss, and a night of bliss.